My 9 yr old had a baseball tournament this weekend and it canceled out all of Saturday's hunting and football watching. On top of that we started back at 9am on Sunday. I had given up on hunting for the weekend, and was just looking for a nap. A change in the tournament schedule and the 98 degree baseball day turned into a 98 degree deer day.

My kids love baseball, but if we are home, they ask to go hunting every day. That's a great thing, but they always fight about who gets to go. I got tired of the arguing, so I spent last Saturday afternoon building a new tower box blind for them to both hunt out of together. I figured it would be at least 2 weeks before it calmed down for a decent buck to show. I was wrong.

The kids were moderately good and quiet for about an hour, and we started seeing a few does and little ones. The does ate for about 15 mins, got their fill and headed on off. It was getting close to dark, the kids were nodding off, and I honestly thought that was about it. I looked up and there were two bucks at 50 yards walking towards the corn. The stopped and turned broadside. I told Carter to shoot either one, they were about the same, but the one on the right was probably bigger. He obliged.

IMG_8075.JPG
IMG_2034.jpg
IMG_6199.jpg

Best part of hunting.