Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Federal Duck Stamp Question

Default Federal Duck Stamp Question

Got my license and ordered my federal duck stamp. License says "Electronic Federal Waterfowl Stamp Endorsement Valid: 8/20/19-10/03/19". Stamp arrives by mail and says for 2019-2020 season. Is the stamp good for the whole season or just 45 days?

It’s good for the 45 days after you chose the start date but You’ll have you stamp in the mail in less than 2wks probably
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 09-09-2019 at 10:33 AM.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

The face of the stamp should say something like "valid through June 30, 2020"...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Good for the season.

The way I read it was that you must have the actual stamp on you after those 45 days. The setting of the date just adds unnecessary confusion.

Why not just specify what year you are buying the stamp for and say the electronic version is good for x number of days after you buy it online? Or heaven forbid they actually say the electronic one will work for the entire season? Probably one government regulation butting up against another government regulation.

The E-stamp is good for 45 days. The physical stamp (that will arrive by mail) is good for the year. Close thread.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

well, no so fast, my friend

the e-stamp is good for the 45 days you specify. its so you could hunt "without a stamp" if you got one online. This only matters if you're ordering your shit late instead of knowing duck season is approaching.

ALL state and federal stamps have an expiration date that is well after the waterfowl season (and is more than "good for the year". its good for the entire season, that wraps around into a second year)

now you can close it
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    The E-stamp is good for 45 days. The physical stamp (that will arrive by mail) is good for the year. Close thread.
    ...good for the season...not the year...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

DNR officer that checked me walking onto the field Saturday asked if I had gotten mine in the mail yet. I told him i wasn't 100% sure, but was 99% pretty sure I hadn't. He went on to say its the biggest cluster fuck he's every seen and doesn't understand why they will not physically hand out the stamp at Academy, Dicks, Walmart etc. He said he checked many many people last year that didn't have it on the license but had the electronic version that had expired. When he asked why they didn't have the physical stamp he was always told "I guess I never got it." He told me he always took their word for it because there was no way to tell if they were lying and, after all, they had paid for their overpriced stamp. He said he wrote 0 tickets for it last year and didn't plan to this year if the same situations happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

^if you got the electronic version, you got the physical stamp.^

so the warden knew the person had paid for the privilege even though they were too lazy to affix the stamp. I am sure I would let 99% of the people off, too, but I'd damn sure ticket that 1% if I wanted to.

edited to add: i'm not sure why he would check your duck stamp in a dove field....
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 09-09-2019 at 12:01 PM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

He saw where I bought the electronic one or whatever on my license and was just curious I suppose. He said there were people calling in last year saying they didnt get the stamp in the mail on top of the people he checked so who knows.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 09-09-2019 at 12:07 PM.
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

2th been watching Corso on gameday
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Why not just swing by a post office and pick it up, no confusion to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by swampshooter View Post
    Thats what Ive done all but maybe one or two years. Hard to do it at 730 at night when you get a phone call asking you to help in the removal of a nuisance the next morning. And a handful of years ago I know for a fact I bought one from Academy and they handed me the stamp right there. So I figured it would be the same deal. When they asked me when I wanted to start my 45 day electric stamp I asked what that was and thats when I realized I wasnt getting a stamp that day.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 09-09-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    2th been watching Corso on gameday
    Lol. Damn, you ain’t right.

Imho....the 45 day limit is so you can't give your physical stamp to your friend to sign and hunt two for the price of one.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Stamp Cycle starts July 1each yr and ends June 30th following year. So your 2019-20 stamp covers you until next season. Catdaddys logic is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Imho....the 45 day limit is so you can't give your physical stamp to your friend to sign and hunt two for the price of one.

Do you still have to sign them?

Quote Originally Posted by SC quacker2 View Post
    Do you still have to sign them?
    Certainly, otherwise 20 people who only hunt 3 times a year could use one stamp

Quote Originally Posted by swampshooter View Post
    I went to 4 different post offices one year before I got one. Last time I ever dealt with that bs.