Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dish or direct?

Default Dish or direct?

And why?

You may wanna take a look at YouTubeTV. Switched to it from Sling last week and we're enjoying it so far. Good interface, no lag, and can watch on three TV's simultaneously.

YouTube Tv if that’s an option. Just canceled dish and got it. A lot more bang for a lot less buck.

I can’t get internet at home.

I’ve had both. I liked direct more.

I've had direct since 2003. No complaints really.

I liked Dish but thanks to all the input on this great site I am YOUTUBE TV. as of 9/3 and love it
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Had directv for 18 years. Week 2 of youtubeTV and love it.

But if dish and direct are your only options, go direct.
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

I’ve had direct for maybe 15 years and have no complaints. I have Dish at my hunt camp. I prefer Direct, it’s much easier to use.

Directv over Dish for many reasons, but they both suck. Directv customer service was better when they were their own entity. Dish had so many problems I would never consider going back to them again. If you can stream that is the best route but we can't where we are at, at least for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Directv has the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced.

You’ve never experienced dish.

I’ve never used “customer service” for anything. With that being said, I had Direct for 6 months when I was in college, and had to communicate with them to get everything setup. The mf’s almost broke me they were so stupid. Their corporate strategy is: make it so impossible to get through that no one will ever call us for anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    I can’t get internet at home.
    You sure? Where you at in Marlboro?

I’m telling you. Directv will tell you whatever you want to hear to get you off their phone. And then they’ll turn around and do whatever they want. And you have no way to argue because you were talkin to Ishmael is Kazakhstan and there’s no one to hold accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post
    I’m telling you. Directv will tell you whatever you want to hear to get you off their phone. And then they’ll turn around and do whatever they want. And you have no way to argue because you were talkin to Ishmael is Kazakhstan and there’s no one to hold accountable.
    Dish is worst, I promise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

I’ll never have a DirecTV dish in my yard again. Damn crooks, couldn’t get a signal at my old house, said they’d get an engineer to look at it, SOB said I had to cut trees on the golf course at the old house and left. CS wanted me to pay for programming they couldn’t provide. Stupid tech stole my streamlight too.

Worst CS I’ve ever had. Dish came out had us up and running in 45 minutes and I’ve never had one issue with getting anything out of them.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

They work out of same office.....

Dish holds the same price for 2 years. Thats why i went with them. Direct tv gives a super deal for a year and then the price shoots up for the second year. They both suck for customer service. After my second year with dish is up im doing youtube tv and not looking back. Hulu TV was good, they just couldnt handle streaming a football game, so i got dish.

I have Direct and love it. Never had an issue. Even had service last week during Dorian. Never lost the picture. I also have it bundled with my cell phone so only one bill. I can watch anything on my phone too with no extra costs. Went to a friends house to watch the Gamecocks/Tarheels game and they had YouTube tv. It was constantly freezing, buffering or just blacking out constantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.