Thread: Rifle stock Question

Default Rifle stock Question

I have been thinking about ordering a Boyd's At One stock for my browning .308 x-bolt. Boyd's is about the only thing out there for x-bolts. My question is, is it a plug and play thing or will it need to be bedded? If it does, is that something I can do myself or should I hire a gunsmith?

I would bed it regardless. May need some minor inletting. I dont own an x bolt so I dont know if they prefer forend pressure or free float. Easy DIY job either way.

McMillan sells X bolt stocks. They’ll cost a good more than Boyd’s.

What CurLee said. Bed it regardless.

Did my Tikka T3 last year. It's not rocket science. Watched a lot of youtube videos. Try to find one specific to your gun. It may have some nuances you may not consider when watching someone bed a different model.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

If you have a rifle bedded but you later pull it from the stock, is it still bedded or did you screw it up?

Still bedded unless you did a terrible job.

It was factory bedded. I wasn’t sure how easy it would be to screw up just pulling it out of the stock. I had to pull it to make some trigger repairs.

I you pull it out after the bedding cures to install the trigger, bolt release, etc.

I have run a bunch of Boyds, some bedded , some not. I think the laminate is just soft enough to allow the action to be better seated without bedding vs fiberglass. Even with non bedded Boyds I am still seeing 1/4 - 1/2 MOA with reloads. I will still likely bed them at some point but will have to be really bored to so with that kind of performance.
    Genesis 9;2