Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane vs Dove field

What flag are we talking about?
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

THE FLAG.The flag that upset Governor Haley, Rep. Gilda Cobb Hunter, Senator Flimsy Graham, Rep. James E. *******, and others that felt compelled to go against what their voters wanted. I realize that Graham and ******* are US but I feel sure that the Gov was assured a Washington appointment if it went thru against the voters wishes and she got her appointment. Rest assured she is not done yet, she is on a mission.
    Last edited by rrconductor; 09-07-2019 at 08:46 PM.

I don’t have energy to read all the BS....
    Who still has a field I can hunt once I get off work??
    867-5309

My viewpoint of the removal of the Confederate Flag from the Statehouse grounds.

I humbly write this explanation in hope that it is pleasing to Christ and possibly light a spark in the heart of the reader.

The House debate centered around the premise that the flag represented some version of southern pride, history and respect for the fallen soldier.

A search of the Confederate Constitution reveals the battle flag also represented a continuation of slavery. Article I Section 9(4) of the Confederate Constitution states, “No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passed.”

Despite skin color Man was built in God’s image. Jesus died for all. The New Testament is filled verses about love. “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you” seems an appropriate verse to start with.

Romans 14:9 “pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding” Rom. 14:19.

The Confederate Battle Flag means many things. There is no denying it represents defiance of the abolition of slavery. The US Constitution stated All men are created equal.

The flag was hijacked by white supremacist groups and used as symbol of hate to terrorize freed slaves and their descendants.

Jesus saved us all “from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers” 1 Pet. 1:18

Do you believe the flag added to the glory of God? Does it bring you closer to black children of God? Do blacks view it the same way you do?
    So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God, 1 Cor. 10:31.

Love is the central theme of Christ’s teachings.
    Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death—even death on a cross! Philippians 2:2-8.
    As Christians we are supposed to care and value others above ourselves. Caring should cause us to act. “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God.”
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

The northern army committed far worse atrocities against men women children black and white in its quest for tyranny of the south. It recruited slaves to join the army, liquored them up, then sent them in first to exhaust confederate ammo before sending in northern whites and foreign mercenaries. An army invaded the south. Thousands upon thousands died defending their homes. That invading army full of terrorists, murderers, thieves, and rapists marched under the American flag. How does God feel about that ? Do you plan to remove it from fallen soldiers' monuments for the revolution, ww2, Vietnam?

You're a coward that caved with the rest of the cowards in Columbia to political correctness and you pervert biblical text to cover your cowardice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    The northern army committed far worse atrocities against men women children black and white in its quest for tyranny of the south. It recruited slaves to join the army, liquored them up, then sent them in first to exhaust confederate ammo before sending in northern whites and foreign mercenaries. An army invaded the south. Thousands upon thousands died defending their homes. That invading army full of terrorists, murderers, thieves, and rapists marched under the American flag. How does God feel about that ? Do you plan to remove it from fallen soldiers' monuments for the revolution, ww2, Vietnam?

You're a coward that caved with the rest of the cowards in Columbia to political correctness and you pervert biblical text to cover your cowardice.
    Yup what SW said.
    Last edited by Cwaysvt; 09-07-2019 at 10:29 PM.

Default Hurricane vs Dove field

DT....seriously, just shut the fuck up

You are a coward, and attempting to bring Christ into something you caved on just shows how weak you are.

The Bible had nothing to do with your vote and you know it
    Last edited by Gut_Pile; 09-07-2019 at 10:51 PM.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

You forgot to mention arsonists....
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post

Would you prefer that the South won the war, split from the north and still allowed slavery?

The flag vote was a moral issue. My morals were shaped by God fearing parents who took me to church. Im on my way there now.I suncerely hope you do not believe I perverted biblical verses to cover my vote.

You are still free to express your southern pride by placing a flag on your private property. That would be "brave".

The cowardly thing for me to have done would be to vote against my morals to please my peers. This group is much more my peers than the African American community that rarely casts a vote for me.

Sunday is a good day to reflect on life. Prayers for all.

The vote should have never been on the floor. It was a knee jerk reaction by an emotional woman. You puppets fell in line without consulting your constituents.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    The flag vote was a moral issue. My morals were shaped by God fearing parents who took me to church. Im on my way there now.I suncerely hope you do not believe I perverted biblical verses to cover my vote.

You are still free to express your southern pride by placing a flag on your private property. That would be "brave".

The cowardly thing for me to have done would be to vote against my morals to please my peers. This group is much more my peers than the African American community that rarely casts a vote for me.

Sunday is a good day to reflect on life. Prayers for all.
    It'll be interesting to see what other moral issues you have in the future that you back with scripture. Where exactly do you draw the line? What issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Would you prefer that the South won the war, split from the north and still allowed slavery?
    Slavery was on the way out. It was a small percentage of rich plantation owners that actually owned slaves and they weren’t the ones fighting the war. Do you think my poor great (x3) grandfather was fighting the war so some rich men could own slaves. No. Also succession was allowed. It was the north that invaded the south. That should have never happened. There should have been no war. We would be the confederate states of America now but the traitor ******* invaded the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Removing the flag had been in discussion before the church shooting, the shooting just set the removal in motion sooner. It would have come down reguardless. I understand DT reasoning, just not his defense doing so. Keep all the religion out of it.
    Low country redneck who moved north

if you voted to take down the flag as a result of radicals misusing it, it’s only a matter of time before you vote to take guns for the same reason.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I was all for keeping the flag. It might have been an easier road had it’s defenders been as adamant in condemning its misuse by the KKK, skin head groups etc. as they were about it coming off the statehouse.

I got the next to last flag ever flown over the Statehouse. I fly it proudly 1 time a year and it goes back in the box along with the letter that came with it. Glad to be a Southern born American. It has nothing to do AT ALL with Slavery. Why do people not get what that flag really means? I guess they are just not educated on the subject.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

On a side note, I think the pigweed help break the wind for our flowers... they're all standing

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    Removing the flag had been in discussion before the church shooting, the shooting just set the removal in motion sooner. It would have come down reguardless. I understand DT reasoning, just not his defense doing so. Keep all the religion out of it.
    I agree, lost all credibility with his BS excuse instead of nutsacking up, but I understand his deflection to an area he thinks is safe from attack (Religion).
    Last edited by ecu1984; 09-08-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    if you voted to take down the flag as a result of radicals misusing it, it’s only a matter of time before you vote to take guns for the same reason.
    This was the same point I was trying to make at the time. "Opening the door" "where will it lead to next"
    #RHINO