Thread: Proud Husband Moment

Default Proud Husband Moment

For those that get SC Wildlife, The cute girl in the dove field is my daughter. My wife wrote the article and i hope you enjoy it if you get the time to read it. Some female outdoor writers may get bad press for being hutning camp princesses. My wife is not one of those, and the two ladies she interviewed are the real deal. In fact, Tes Jolly has the cover photo for Outdoor Life this month. If you dont get the magazine, you can look at it here. http://www.scwildlife.com/articles/s...n7ufgshCI0wXBo

Congratulations on all accounts.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Saw it. Read it. Good stuff.

Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

That is neat. Good work
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Read it yesterday. Nice!

Read it. Great job.

MC is offline Daydreamer Extraordinaire

Got my issue yesterday and thumbed through it. Her article was the first one I went back and read. Enjoyed it!

Awesome.

Good read

Thanks y’all, I told her I posted a link here and she said “well I’m sure nobody is going to say it sucked” to which I responded...”SC Ducks is not a safe space. They would”

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Thanks y’all, I told her I posted a link here and she said “well I’m sure nobody is going to say it sucked” to which I responded...”SC Ducks is not a safe space. They would”
    Hahaha yea if it was bad there would be 5 pages of it. Very well written and I enjoyed reading it.

What a great bit of writing, and it is succinctly on point. I especially enjoyed this part:

"While I waited for the birds to fly, I reflected on past hunts and became sentimental, and hopeful, for the next generation of female hunters. I wondered what lessons needed learning and what the field might look like when my daughter is old enough to shoot. Without an understanding of the challenges women have overcome through the years, it's hard to appreciate these two spots reserved for us in this dove field.

Women today have more opportunities to learn about hunting and the outdoors than in previous decades. Through social media and access to different outdoor websites, information is readily available at the touch of a button. But it was not always this way. Not so many years ago, mentors were hard to find, and many women attribute their love for hunting to their dad's willingness to take them along into the field."

Good stuff
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans