Thread: NASA on Climate Change

Default NASA on Climate Change

NASA admits that climate change occurs because of changes in Earth’s solar orbit, and NOT because of SUVs and fossil fuels

https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-08-...yYktuswlpvGptU

I’m positive that’ll be the top story on the national news tonight. It should be. Lol.

So the inventor of the interwebs AND AOC are wrong? Dang.

I posted this link on facepage and immediately got this below it to counter the article.

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 1.52.22 PM.jpg

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    I posted this link on facepage...
    That was your first mistake. They love science until they don't agree with it.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Very true.

There isn’t any money to be made by “scientists” or governments if the sun determines how hot it is outside.

That article is replete with perhaps unverifiable assertions. Don't get me wrong, I'd watch a video of Al Gore busting his ass walking on a wet porch all day long, but this article blows as refutation of the liberal POV on climate change.

Global Warming or Bad Data?

Garbage in...

Al Gore likes to say that the science of climate change is “settled.” But of course, science, almost by definition, is never settled.

And climate science has always suffered from the problem of shaky and missing data. Seventy percent of the globe is covered by ocean, where data is hard to collect. Reliable weather records only go back to about 1850 and, in many parts of the world, are far more recent. Modern recording weather stations date only to the early 20th century.

And many of those stations have a big problem. While they haven’t changed appreciably over the years, the land around them has changed, often profoundly, with the great growth in urban and suburban areas. The weather station that was put, say, in the middle of a Nassau County, Long Island, potato field in 1923 is still in the same spot. But the potatoes are long gone, and now it’s behind a strip mall, twenty feet from the kitchen exhaust fan of a Chinese take-out joint.

A study by meteorologist Anthony Watts found that almost 90 percent of the 1221 weather stations in the U.S. did not meet the National Weather Service’s setting standards, which requires that they be at least 100 feet from any artificial heat source or radiating surface. You can see some of the most egregious violators here. To deal with this defective information, climate scientists, have “adjusted” the data to solve this problem. Invariably, these adjustments have made earlier data show lower temperatures, and recent data show higher ones.

To develop reliable data, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) placed 114 state-of-the-art weather stations relatively evenly spaced about the lower 48 states. They were carefully sited to be away from urban areas, which are heat islands, airports, which can be affected by jet exhaust, etc.

The system became operative in 2005. Now, realclearenergy.com is reporting that there has been no increase in average temperatures in the continental United States over the last 14 years, as measured by these new stations. If anything, overall temperatures are slightly cooler than they were.

One big reason for this lack of warming is surely the explosion in U.S. natural gas production, thanks to fracking. The U.S. is now, by far, the number-one producer of natural gas, producing 90 billion cubic feet a day, 25 percent more than second-place Russia. This has brought the price of natural gas to its lowest point in 20 years, which has resulted in a big shift from producing power by burning coal to burning natural gas, which produces 50 percent less carbon dioxide. (The shale gas revolution has vast geopolitical implications, of course, as well as climatic ones.)

As a result, the U.S. CO2 emissions are down to where they were in 1985–a third of a century ago, when the GDP was half what it is now in inflation-adjusted terms, and the population was smaller by a quarter. No other industrialized country has come anywhere close to reducing their emissions by so much.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

So the first article says it's heating up because we are getting closer to the sun. But the second article says it's not really getting hotter, the weather stations are just next to Chinese restaurant vents and we can't measure temperature over the ocean. No wonder people are so confused.

If only there was something we could look at and see if they were getting smaller or staying the same size. Something like some really big pieces of ice. Yeah that would make it simple.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    So the first article says it's heating up because we are getting closer to the sun. But the second article says it's not really getting hotter, the weather stations are just next to Chinese restaurant vents and we can't measure temperature over the ocean. No wonder people are so confused.

If only there was something we could look at and see if they were getting smaller or staying the same size. Something like some really big pieces of ice. Yeah that would make it simple.
    Or not changing.

Climate Oops: National Park Begins Subtle Removal of “Gone by 2020” Signs After Glaciers Just Keep Not Being Gone

So,don't put the Tipi up near a Chinese reataurant vent and all will remain cool .
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Yes and removing signs is a good thing too. I'm still working that one out. I think it's like Q drop.

[other side of the pillow]

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post

Ice melting is a sign of the planet cooling. Don't politicize this topic. Stay on track here. General Tso's chicken and beef lo mein are in cahoots to hide the fact that global warming is a farce but on by the left. Trump is involved but it can't be proven.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm