Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manchester WMA Help/Input

If yall want to see a shit show today go to tuomey.

Or Santee canal fields

Quote Originally Posted by Coot_Commander View Post
    If yall want to see a shit show today go to tuomey.
    I've heard so much shit about those public hunts that I'd probably never go. Not worth the hassle, when I have a few private places to go. Didn't have a spot this weekend, so we figured we'd give this a whirl...

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

Any luck?
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Yeah, what Cajun said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

There were maybe 40 folks there. Big, big area, and as luck would have it, we sat in a place with few birds that were shootable.

About 3:40, the action picked up. Come 5pm, things got much better, but of course, shooting after 6pm is forbidden.

Colt got a bird. He took more long shots than he should have, but he was bored. I took a few long shots, as I was bored, too.

I only got 2 (3 if you count the one that got away, lol). My buddy got 1 (plus another that died off the field).

We will try again next year, and just set-up in a different spot.

On the walk out, Colt said, "I know we didn't get a lot of birds, but thank you Daddy for taking me out here.)

So, while we were hot, tired, and pretty empty-handed, the day was still a success.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

What it’s all about right there. Keep up the good work dad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Right on!!! Success isn't in a pile of dead birds, it's time spent with Dad and his buddies on the hunt! I wish I had a cell phone to take pics 20 years ago when my kids were on the dove field with me.

I remember throwing those wild looking watermelons in the air for my boys to shoot when things were super slow. (when nobody was on the field late season)
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Awesome job dad
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Great job. Don’t wait until next year. Get back at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Great job. Don’t wait until next year. Get back at it.
    Oh...we won't wait; I'll continue to accompany some friends, and seek out some other possible WMA hunts.

He took his shotgun out beside the house tonight and sat for a while. Shot at a high one, and saw 6 others. He'll probably be out there again every night this week. LOL.

You are a good Dad.

Glad he had fun. That's the name of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

A little perspective from a few years down the road. Didn't have a place to shoot either this weekend and my 21 year old son suggested we try a public field in Pickens. Got there at noon not knowing what to expect and left at 5:30 with 3 birds total. Luckily we found some shade the entire day so it wasn't too bad. Got to the truck and popped two cold beers and my son said thanks for going with me Dad. It's been a while since you and I got to hang out like that. Made my day and the lack of birds totally worth it. Keep taking them even if the hunting prospects don't look too good. It's all worth it if you get some time with your kids, even the big kids.

Colt got a bird. He took more long shots than he should have, but he was bored. I took a few long shots, as I was bored, too.
    this is just awesome!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

He probably learned more about hunting, than if had been a barn burner of a hunt. The slow days make you appreciate the good ones. Good job getting him out there.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    He probably learned more about hunting, than if had been a barn burner of a hunt. The slow days make you appreciate the good ones. Good job getting him out there.
    My life's story....

no complaints.