Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leave in meat thermometers

Default Leave in meat thermometers

Looking to get one, not sure how fancy I want to get. I know they have wireless ones now and some with apps on your phone.

What should I get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Flameboss

Can be used as a stand alone meat thermometer or can be used with the blower fan to control temps also. Basically it’s a variable speed fan that has a probe that reads grate temp

I use a Maverick 732. Has the capability of using 2 probes (one for meat and one for dome temp)and has a remote display you can carry with you. The range on it is surprisingly good.

Been using a ThermoPro TP20 dual probe with a wireless remote which has a range of 300ft. I have the smoker rolling out in the drive and sit inside on the couch and watch the temp. Been going strong now for 2 years, works really well. Register the thing and it comes with a 3 year warranty replacement no questions asked. Amazon sells em for $60 or so.
    "run and gun guide service"

dammit. here i go again.
    i dont get this. i dont get "apps" on phones that tell you the temp of your meat.

open the grill. insert thermometer. wait five seconds. repeat as needed.

and NO, you dont lose some important smoke or heat in the seconds it takes you to read the dial.

if you people start bringing "bluetooth" to any outdoor grilling in my yard, I'm gonna be disappointed.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Doesn't work with a jitterbug phone anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    dammit. here i go again.
    i dont get this. i dont get "apps" on phones that tell you the temp of your meat.

open the grill. insert thermometer. wait five seconds. repeat as needed.

and NO, you dont lose some important smoke or heat in the seconds it takes you to read the dial.

if you people start bringing "bluetooth" to any outdoor grilling in my yard, I'm gonna be disappointed.
    BS answer: it frees up more time to focus on other tasks at hand whether it making sides or doing work around the yard.

Honest answer: it allows me to lay on the couch with my hand in my pants and make snide comments to the athletes on TV
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

^both are true to some degree.

I like to hang around while the BGE is going. I can watch tv or do yard work. I like to stop by and check the temp. I know when to check the internal temp of the meat. It tends to work well for me. I dont carry my phone everywhere I go so I just see absolutely no need for a thermometer that talks to my phone.

Thank you all.

Just pulled the trigger on the thermopro dox referenced.

Hope your day gets better Mr. dentist.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

you people sure misread me from time to time.

all I said was I dont want a thermometer that talks to my phone. What about that says "i'm having a bad day?"

it aint easy being the only sane one in a world of bluetooth grill masters.

I think you just come across as angry. Could be a personality thing? Or an age thing? Either way, I'm hoping your day gets a whole lot better, even if it ain't a bad day so far.

To much exposure to fluoride.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Hadda look up jitterbug phone. Pretty much what I got. 2TH I know where you are coming from I run mine old time as well. I pretty much know when temps need checkin or stuff needs eatin or beer needs drinkin.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

BM-- what are you gonna do at the grocery store when your bluetooth gadget tells you the temp? You still have to go home....

and i'm sorry you cant read a thing I type without thinking i'm angry, molly

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    To much exposure to fluoride.
    too
    meanie

I put a butt on my Weber at 2230 Friday. I got up at 0500, peed, made coffee, pooped, walked outside, opened grill, wrapped but, tossed in a few more coals to continue the snake, closed lid. I pulled it off at 0830 and stuck it in a cooler with a towel on it. Opened cooler at 1300, unwrapped, pulled bone, pulled meat, ate. Done.

Never checked a temp other than knowing my grill holds at 250 for 8 hours with a snake train of charcoal.

Thermometers are the safety nets of cooking.

Live on the edge!

I can change the temp for one or damn near kill the heat all together.

For instance I cooked a butt about 4 months ago where I was at my in-laws all day. But My grill is at home 10 min away. When it got close to being done I killed the heat. When I got home at supper I pulled it and ate it.

So essentially I cooked the butt without being at home at all except to light and put the meat on the grill.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 09-03-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    I laughed

Yeah I enjoy being able to control everything on my flameboss when I’m not home.

why are yall so angry? I mean, your posts come across as really angry.

I enjoy being home while grilling. Not sure how that can be construed as angry.

I stand with Glenn...but not in a weird way.