Thread: 2007 chevy tahoe blend door actuator

Default 2007 chevy tahoe blend door actuator

Been having sporadic issues with passenger side blowing heat when it should be cooling. Decided to replace blend door actuator yesterday and now the driver side is hot and passenger side is cool. I have tried looking up and following steps to reset/recalibrate but no luck.
    Anyone on here ever messed with this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snap-on scan tool. We have the Zeus and sometimes it won’t calibrate so we have to break out the the big dog... GM Tech 2 or the GM MDI on 2014 and newer.
    More fuel = more boost!!

run a can of Seafoam thru it

Yellow onion and burnt motor oil.

Default 2007 chevy tahoe blend door actuator

Update for anyone else who may experience this. Replaced passenger side and tried all sorts of reset sequences from multiple internet forums sites etc and no luck. Driver side is ~20-25 degrees warmer than passenger side. Took it to a shop a few min away in cainhoy (sorry KRT, you are 2hrs away but your suggeation definitely reaffirmed that I should hook it up to see and I appreciate the input). Ran diagnostics and it suggested the driver side actuator is having a problem. Pulled the driver side and waiting on replacement in mail. When it arrives Friday hopefully when I get it in it will calibrate on its own or if not, I will be back up to the shop to let them have a go. Driver side was way easier than passenger side to get out due to accessibility issues with the full console in the way of passenger side.

Last edited by Islandguy85; 09-09-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Finished messing w this today. Ordered 3 new actuators and replaced the one under passenger kick panel and replaced two others that were under passenger airbag. Put it back together and good to go.