Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flashboard riser

Have a local fab shop make you one. It’s a simple design. I have built 3 for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by camotoon60 View Post
    Have a local fab shop make you one. It’s a simple design. I have built 3 for myself.

I considered making it myself but if the website prices are right I cant buy the material for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by swampshooter View Post
    What are you going with next? How are they holding up and operating even though they were aggravating to install.
    Holding up fine. No issues once we got the pipe on. We’ll just buy a different brand and see how it works. Haven’t decided what yet.

I had Osceola make me an aluminum one several years ago. It was damaged during shipping and pretty light weight. Refused it, called them and we discussed my application and how I wanted it made. They sent another one built as per my design. Solid folks. Used them mainly because the culvert pipe was already in place. This is a tidal application.

My last one came from Southeastern Pipe in Aiken. Looks awesome. Has not been installed yet. Aluminum riser and flange culvert pipe, not just the riser box.
    Last edited by fro; 09-01-2019 at 07:28 AM.
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Their pricing is unmatched you will not find it or build it elsewhere for what they can build and ship to you.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I figure shipping would be about the same as what they charge for the riser
    cut\'em

I will be calling them Tuesday. Thanks for all the help.
    Last edited by swampshooter; 09-01-2019 at 03:27 PM.
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

I talked to both Osceola & Seabreeze today. Both places talked good and answered all my questions. That being said Seabreeze was within $200-300 including shipping of Osceola but theirs are Aluminum. They also offer aluminum stop logs to go in their riser as well, sold seperatly. Osceola said they no longer make risers in aluminum, but would make one in stainless.

I know everyone says they like Osceola and I am not totally against them, I will probably get a price on a stainless one once I figure the exact height I need for the sake of comparison.

That being said has anyone ever had dealings with Seabreeze https://www.seabreeze-culvert.com/risers.htm ?

Is the aluminum upgrade worth the few hundred extra $$$?

Any downsides to aluminum vs steel besides price?

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    I figure shipping would be about the same as what they charge for the riser
    Spot on, the shipping price they gave me from both companies was close to the price of the riser.

Check with pipe etc. in Kingstree SC. 843-687-2026 or 843-382-82891904B5FE-B7B0-46DA-A5EE-B7AAE5C686E5.jpg1904B5FE-B7B0-46DA-A5EE-B7AAE5C686E5.jpg
    Last edited by duckfan44; 09-03-2019 at 10:38 PM.