Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whole house water filter in Ridgeville

All y'all have to do is contact turbo.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

I second AAA Plumbing.

Where at in Ridgeville did you buy/build?

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Where would one buy industrial vinegar?
    Really depends. I used to buy it at Cash and Carry when I lived in Sumter, but that's kind of a unique place. Walmart and Hone Depot show it online along with amazon and factory direct chemicals.

What's in your water? Salt, iron, hydrogen sulfide? I would contact Low Country Well Drillers. I wouldn't recommend Anderson.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    I e got a whole house filter but cant find carbon elements. Any recommendations on a system to replace it with??

Edit to add: on Cassatt water to the house. Little bit of off taste but not as bad as city water. Been on well all my life and cant stand the taste.
    City of Camden water sucks donkey dick, it used to be good when they pulled it out if the creek.. they pull it out of the lake now and when that algae bloom hits at the end of summer it turns it. I'm on Cassatt also, well up at the lake.

Cassatt's not bad but once a month or so it seems they throw the chemicals to it hard. I drink coffee in the morning then tote water from home all day. When it's bad I cant even drink the coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post
    I second AAA Plumbing.

Where at in Ridgeville did you buy/build?
    Off carter rd

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    Off carter rd
    Nice. your just a hop and skip away from the reservation. You should be hearing drums around midnight.

My well water tests fine per DHEC, but smelled bad of rotten eggs and was slimy, I installed a flushable media system from Lowes- I think it was the Westinghouse mentioned earlier $200 and it helped a lot, then I added an aquapure disposable cartridge filter and it cured 95% of the issues ($30 month).

We still don't drink or cook with the water due to a very slight taste issue but we can shower and wash clothes with it just fine.

There is a guy out of Givhans that designs filtration systems and guarantees perfect water, I have heard great things about him- got his number but not his name and I plan on having him look at mine
    843-670-9718.
    Report back when you find a solution and I will do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Cassatt's not bad but once a month or so it seems they throw the chemicals to it hard. I drink coffee in the morning then tote water from home all day. When it's bad I cant even drink the coffee.
    I haven't noticed it, I've only been on it a couple of years. I'll fix a few coffees during the week at the house, I mostly get my coffee from the Amoco in Dusty Bend near my office. When I drink water at home, it's really only out of a hose pipe while I'm working in the yard... that shit always tastes good. Thinking about it, I haven't noticed the city water being that off this year. In years past it could ruin ice.

Contacted Culligan, coming out Tuesday to see what I have going on. Can’t wait to see what’s in the water!

Looks like the jury might still be out on Anderson?

Culligan is suggesting a whole house water softener. Test shows a 14? Said iron was minimal.

Quoted $2900 installed. Claims my install is simple. Sound high?

you must be high if you believe all the info you get from a company installing the filter.

hope this helps
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    While we are on this subject, I was told yesterday that with well water, I absolutely need to service my on demand water heater because my water filter sucks. Is this something that I can do or do I need to call in a 450hr plumber?
    jab--listen to me.
    I googled it. i saw how it works. I got the stuff from JOHNSON to clean my own filter.

its not that simple.

I called a plumber who did it for $99

money well spent
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 09-04-2019 at 11:26 AM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

haha

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Also, as you know, they are in the business to sell. Make them give you several options then do your homework on what's best for you. A quick Google search shows a Culligan dealer in N. Charleston.
    Culligan is suggesting a whole house water softener. Test shows a 14? Said iron was minimal.

Quoted $2900 installed. Claims my install is simple. Sound high?
    See my original post. They are in it to sell. I'm not saying they aren't right, but they also didn't offer the cheapest way out either. Did you ask for any other options?

Going to do some type of system no matter what. All he did was confirm what we see evidence of in our shower,sinks,dishes and cars.

Basically said this was their least expensive for whole home, next up was RO.

Gonna try some of the other companies for quotes just to see. Obviously other systems can be purchased cheaper but will labor and service calls add up to the same in the end?

Had a guy from St George put me in a system. Clack WS1 valve. Satisfied with end results. Saved $1k over Culligan and he did a more detailed water test.

Thanks for those that offered info!

Sanders Well Digging in Jedburg can install what you need for about a G.
    Last edited by take em' 07; 09-30-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Had a guy from St George put me in a system. Clack WS1 valve. Satisfied with end results. Saved $1k over Culligan and he did a more detailed water test.

Thanks for those that offered info!
    Who did the work? Still need mine done.