Thread: Colleton Sheriff and election

Default Colleton Sheriff and election

Got no dog in this hunt but have seen where the Colleton Cnty Sheriff has told his staff that IF they support anyone else they will be fired . I can understand wanting your staff to support you however that seems more like a damn mafia move, support me or ELSE

Now he is denying to reveal what his $1500 room tab was for, said is was “none of the auditor’s business “.

Is this just the media or is this guy a lose cannon.
    Last edited by tprice; 08-29-2019 at 06:19 AM.

Sheriff races are kinda like that.

There are victims of gun theft that I know whom are now told there is NO record of their firearms ever being in possession of the CCSD....Just sayin!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

He is a S.C. sheriff Bo. God gotta ask permission to step foot in his county.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

I don’t live there but I understand he brought the law back to a lawless situation in Colleton County. It was so bad under the previous sheriff that the feds had to come in to round up some real bad actors. And as for the email to his subordinates, I’d bet there’s more to the story, for example, he had employees actively subverting his authority in efforts to prop up an opponent. If so, I wouldn’t put up with that shit either.

Let me guess...he is a Democrat?
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

So the CCSD told these folks that their guns were recovered and then later changed their story?

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    Let me guess...he is a Democrat?

Not anymore. Think he ran as one to get elected the first time.

So he lied to his folks about his beliefs to get elected, then flipped?

Good man.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    So he lied to his folks about his beliefs to get elected, then flipped?

Good man.
    I think folks who live there would tell you the ends justified the means in this case. Based on what was going on there during that time. It was bad. Real bad.

I see he let some pigeon hunters shoot down some SHARK drones. I like him for that.

Otherwise, I got nothing either way.

Quote Originally Posted by LC17 View Post
    I think folks who live there would tell you the ends justified the means in this case. Based on what was going on there during that time. It was bad. Real bad.
    Exactly, Malone was as bad as it gets. Whether you like him or not, he has made a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

So the CCSD told these folks that their guns were recovered and then later changed their story?
    Not only that, told a neighboring County Sheriff's Department they had to keep them in possession for trial. They now claim no one knows where they are
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Not only that, told a neighboring County Sheriff's Department they had to keep them in possession for trial. They now claim no one knows where they are
    I would be beyond pissed if that were me. They need to find a contact at the solicitor’s office and work from there. Keep a spotlight on it and I bet those guns magically get found.

That part I have an understanding with as well as wanting your subordinates to support you however when you manipulate system to where you feel you do not have to answer for how you spend taxpayer funds that is crossing the line . In MB of all places, in fact this should(and may be ) listed in FOIA information

Other thing that struck me was his wife stopped for DUI by SC Hwy Patrol, now he has instructed his officers not to provide support/backup unless it is a life or death situation

Oh well guess it is up to the voters of that county but seems to be a lot of Ethics Violations piling up

The guy sounds like a real jackass.

An epidemic in SC.

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/...4f02f8378.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    An epidemic in SC.

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/...4f02f8378.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It really is, kinda like I mentioned a above. I do like our county's Sheriff right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    The guy sounds like a real jackass.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Back in the news for punching a female family member in the face. This guy sounds like a real winner.