Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AT&T uverse

Default AT&T uverse

Anyone here got uverse on fiber optic?

New house, had to run fiber to house from street. Since my house is not wired fiber only the modem is hard wired, everything else is wireless. Speeds are fine when it works. Appears to loose connection and pages/videos don’t load on devices and sons PlayStation lags.

Tech blames issue on us changing the name of our network and using a password we can actually remember. Then he informs us at&t routers suck and we should go buy one from a store. Anyone ever heard of such BS? I allowed him to set router back to factory network name and password which of course did not resolve the issue. I’m all for kicking their ass out my house, but to my knowledge they are the only game in town other than some type of satellite service.

They suck. Same issues. Our WiFi goes out all the time even with four boosters across the house. They claim we have “too many devices online,” but all we have in a household of six is one tv, two phones, one computer and an Xbox.
    Carolina Counsel

Are all the real techs not on strike still?

Had it...sucked

Stay away from anything AT&T. Horrible and I mean horrible customer service plus everything cost more than they sell you on. I would like to sue their sorry asses straight to hell.

Same boat here, currently using our unlimited data with Verizon to use our devices as mobile hotspots. That sucks too but no other option as of now.

Their equipment sucks. Run apple routers for your home wi-fi. Turn off their wifi.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    Stay away from anything AT&T. Horrible and I mean horrible customer service plus everything cost more than they sell you on. I would like to sue their sorry asses straight to hell.
    What he said X1000000000000
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

We come out of Summerville and cover most of Ridgeville, what little there is to cover. Have you tried to get Spectrum?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    We come out of Summerville and cover most of Ridgeville, what little there is to cover. Have you tried to get Spectrum?
    We have not actually called. Going off what the builder told us. I’ll check it out now though!

Shoot me an address and I can tell you. You looking for just internet?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Id stream from my phone before I ever gave AT&t another nickel of my money

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Shoot me an address and I can tell you. You looking for just internet?

Internet and possibly tv. We are considering tying Hulu live or something similar.
    Just got off the phone with them. Claim we can get it. Need to find out now the hardware side. House has coax. AT&T drilled in with fiber and from there everything is wireless. Sales guy says we most likely would be fiber also with spectrum. Can it feed fiber in and and coax out to other rooms? Sorry for the stupid question, usually I just pay for service and it works. Also trying not to have my house drilled up further.

No stupid questions man. We don't do fiber all the way to the house. We feed fiber to your neighborhood/area then change it to coax to get it that "last mile" to the customers premise. We'll take coax to the side where your electrical meter base is, then split it to feed as many outlets as we need to to connect the various devices, ie cable modems, TV converters, etc.

Last edited by willyworm; 08-28-2019 at 10:11 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I need fiber run about 2.5 miles off of 527 near the Clarendon/Williamsburg line. This is for a business. Who do I contact regarding such?
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Willyworm, Nice! Thank you!
    Last edited by wdhigh; 08-28-2019 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I need fiber run about 2.5 miles off of 527 near the Clarendon/Williamsburg line. This is for a business. Who do I contact regarding such?
    That sounds like a job for FTC. If you're serious call me tomorrow and I'll see what the options are, far as Spectrum goes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spectrum internet is great here...we stream YouTube TV and like it.

Spectrum all day. I wouldn’t trust ATT to tie two cans together with a string.

Not even if you gave the cans and the string