Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SC CAT 1 Waterfowl management area updated reports

ON a good note, I am hearing that the new manager at Broad River who will be starting early September is a solid guy with extensive Ag and planting background. I do hope he has thick skin because he is sure to be bearing the burden of this years activities.
    Genesis 9;2

You can hire anyone off the street who has never planted anything before to get the type of plantings that have been exposed the last 2 years.

Well the man responsible for that nightmare at Broad River has been promoted and is over the lowstate waterfowl areas now. So hold on to your hats......

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    You can hire anyone off the street who has never planted anything before to get the type of plantings that have been exposed the last 2 years.
    Exactly...couldn’t agree more.

The difference between now and 5 years ago when I first started going to the brwma is huge. It's simple things too like mowing the roads. Some of those have not been mowed all year and I'm walking through chest high grass and can't see my feet.

There's a large pile of milorganite that's just been sitting on the edge of field 4 for months. You can see the edge of it in the bottom corner of one of those pics.

I know the rice was sprayed at some point because it had sickle pod pretty bad as well. I'm not in the know and don't pretend I know how to manage that property but it seems quite a large difference could be made if someone just gave a damn about their work.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

It's amazing how they can manicure some croplands like draper which could be on the cover of some quality farm magazine and they don't give a fuck about other places. They straight up planted that place and then forgot about it.

They have all the shit they need to do it right. If they just went out there one day per week it could be gorgeous!
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 08-27-2019 at 07:29 PM.

#ringnecksarelife

They have all that high dollar shit out there and I could do everything with my 87' ford, bush hog, disk, spreader, old 2 row planter, and sprayer.....working one day per week! Wwwwwttttttfffffff!!!!!

I certainly didn't mean for this to lead into the direction it has gone, though certainly I understand the direction. I do want to make sure that everyone is aware that there is new management starting this September. I do also fully believe that SCDNR has taken note and will be playing very close attention and applying protective and aggressive management strategies to Broad River. I will update again as soon as I have more information.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    I certainly didn't mean for this to lead into the direction it has gone, though certainly I understand the direction. I do want to make sure that everyone is aware that there is new management starting this September. I do also fully believe that SCDNR has taken note and will be playing very close attention and applying protective and aggressive management strategies to Broad River. I will update again as soon as I have more information.
    I was really expecting big progress after last years bitching about brwma. Half the groups were no show on my hunt there last year. Everyone was bitching and calling/emailing people on here last year and there was zero, zilch improvement on crops.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    I was really expecting big progress after last years bitching about brwma. Half the groups were no show on my hunt there last year. Everyone was bitching and calling/emailing people on here last year and there was zero, zilch improvement on crops.
    I can't disagree one bit. We have to demand better period.
    Genesis 9;2

Default Build it and they will come

I applaud SCDNR and their efforts to find the best manager available for our resources and keep bringing ducks to Broad River. Even with bad crops these ducks have imprinted and continue to use this WMA. I shot these pics this past Feb. after legal access.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Shooting ringnecks is fun, like once a year. They're just not crazy good eats, and having to cut the fat off birds makes me sad.

Maybe twice, I mean I'm not going to turn an invite down or anything. Well, only if I get a better one.. But I sure wouldn't care use a draw on them.