Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golf Question

My sisters boy's, son, is ranked 4rth in the world ranking whatever that means. Call him. He is 8.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    I made the switch to a 44” driver many moons ago. Actually gained distance from more consistent hits in the middle of the club face. I’ll never go back to a 45”. I will say this. I don’t know where you’re at in your golf game. But if your just starting out I’d hold off on getting fit for a while. Swings tend to change drastically from when you first start playing. Getting fit helps if you continue to swing the same way repeatedly. If your at that point then I wouldn’t consider it a waste of money
    I guess I'm about 2 years in. I'm 18-20 most days. I've gotten to the point where I can make(mostly) good contact. And, I have gotten to where I feel consistent enough that it will be worth getting some lessons(never had one). Is this club fitting thing something that a good golf pro can help me with?
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

You can get like a basic fitting, kind of the old way when Ping came out with there color system. Golf has come a long way especially with computers.. when I got my son fitted for his mizuno's I was kind of blown away. There are shaft options out there, heads, everything.

It all depends on what sort of Technology the club has.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 08-25-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duckchoppin View Post
    Give Bill Forbes a call at the Dresser golf school in pawleys.
    Thanks. I have read about that place. I'll check it out further.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Call some nearby golf clubs and see who the local golf pros recommend for club fitting. It’s the golf capital of the world...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pro tip. You better be in good shape if you get a true fitting. You’ll hit 200-400 shots