Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golf Question

Default Golf Question

I have always heard that one of the best things that a golfer can do is get clubs fitted to them. I know nothing about that. So, does this have to be done when you are buying new clubs or are there club-fitters that will fit clubs that I already have?? There really are not any new irons out there that I want as I like the ones I have.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Your old clubs can be fit to you.

Not always. well, I should say it's not always the best option. Every club through fitting is a little bit different, then you've got to deal with shafts. I think you could basically been about any iron if you want to, but then you're looking I put in a shaft to your fit.

All depends on your budget and what you're looking for?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I've had buddies who've bought clubs off of places like Ebay or off of friends and get one of our guys to bend the lies to them. If you're going to like a big box I doubt they'll do anything like that. But going through it and having a knowledgeable guy fit everything to you with all of the options could be worth it. There are places that can make a couple days out of it.

I've got a friend I play with about once a week that had his first fitting last year. He played in the US senior Am last year, today just finished second in our Club's Championship. He was fitted, two days, only kept his 3 wood. He's longer than me off the tee about 5 to 10 yards now and picked up a club in irons.

Checking loft and lie is very easy and should be done at least once a year. More with forged irons. Next most important thing is to make sure your shafts fit your swing. Both of those can be done with existing clubs.
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

You've probably seen it before Joey, but on people that hit on mats a good deal, like Forest Lake. They'll throw your irons off.

Quote Originally Posted by joeydpga View Post
    Checking loft and lie is very easy and should be done at least once a year. More with forged irons. Next most important thing is to make sure your shafts fit your swing. Both of those can be done with existing clubs.
    By "shafts fit your swing" do you mean flex? You know anyone around Myrtle who could help??

Ralph posts a lot about golf these days
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I promise you after my final round earlier today in the club championship.. I'm going to try my best not to touch a club until Friday at the Boom.. and then I'm not talking about or playing for a while.

I'm just mind raped and laying on the couch trying to relieve some of this inner pain.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    By "shafts fit your swing" do you mean flex? You know anyone around Myrtle who could help??
    Some of those golf box stores in Myrtle should be able to do that for you. I know there is one in North Myrtle that can do it but I cant for the life of me think of the name of it.

ETA: PGA Tour Superstore should be able to get you dialed in. Might need to call for an appointment but still worth looking into.
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 08-25-2019 at 06:09 PM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

You've probably seen it before Joey, but on people that hit on mats a good deal, like Forest Lake. They'll throw your irons off.
    big time, especially forged irons because they are so soft.

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    I have a good friend in Wilmington that could fix you up or if you can make it down to Charleston. I don't have many contacts left in Myrtle. Maybe check if there is a golf tec in myrtle and get evaluated. Can make a large difference especially if it helps with smash factory. You could gain a good bit of distance.

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

PGA superstore in n myrtle or myrtle will bend them any way you want. If they’re forged. Cast irons can be bent but will gradually return to their original specs.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    PGA superstore in n myrtle or myrtle will bend them any way you want. If they’re forged. Cast irons can be bent but will gradually return to their original specs.
    Ah, that's good to know. I do not have forged irons. More than loft and lie, I was more thinking that my irons may be slightly long. I have taken 1" off of my driver and fairway woods and it seems to have helped, so the obvious next step is the irons.

Give Bill Forbes a call at the Dresser golf school in pawleys.

I made the switch to a 44” driver many moons ago. Actually gained distance from more consistent hits in the middle of the club face. I’ll never go back to a 45”. I will say this. I don’t know where you’re at in your golf game. But if your just starting out I’d hold off on getting fit for a while. Swings tend to change drastically from when you first start playing. Getting fit helps if you continue to swing the same way repeatedly. If your at that point then I wouldn’t consider it a waste of money

Quote Originally Posted by duckchoppin View Post
    Give Bill Forbes a call at the Dresser golf school in pawleys.
    Second that. Their facilities and fitters are top notch. They’ll spend as much time with you as needed to dial it in. I do suggest to get new clubs if you want to be fitted.