Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't like hunting alone

The beasty boys suck worse than smashing pumpkins

I saw them at a Lollapalooza one year, they were the last act. I would rather tell my wife she looks old then listen to Trent Reznor. even though my wife looks young.

That was for the Smashing Pumpkins

The Beastie Boys were there also but I can tolerate them more.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    What part of N Florida? Graduated from Orange Park HS. Hunted ducks at Guana River, Occidental, and q couple of small lakes near Starke.
    Jacksonville - Grew up at the beaches (Fletcher '92), hunted all over the intracoastal, Guana (was my backyard hole till they made it a quota), prolly the same small lakes near Starke etc too. Yearly trips down to the STAs and Merritt, yadda yadda. Woodies over by the.. well hell you know where I was, closer to your place than mine if you were in OP.

Quote Originally Posted by quackerjax View Post
    Jacksonville - Grew up at the beaches (Fletcher '92), hunted all over the intracoastal, Guana (was my backyard hole till they made it a quota), prolly the same small lakes near Starke etc too. Yearly trips down to the STAs and Merritt, yadda yadda. Woodies over by the.. well hell you know where I was, closer to your place than mine if you were in OP.

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    If you moved from FL to Lexington SC to find some good duck hunting, boy are you in for a surprise.
    Further North in the same flyway... used to bitching about crummy years, yahoos skyblasting, lights as bright as the sun itself and the instagrammers... Not expecting much different here, but I'll be out there just the same

Having big public lakes with no native veggies for the ducks to eat sure ain't helping. You got lots of that in FL. Here, not quite so much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

So did something happen to change vegetation up here? Climate seems not that far off of NoFL

So did something happen to change vegetation up here? Climate seems not that far off of NoFL
    They killed it all and stock carp to take care of any that tried to grow back.

Speaking of Guana - I drew opening day down there for early teal (Sept 21) - if anyone was interested in traveling, I wouldn't mind having someone from up here as a guest on my draw down there. I would provide draw permit and a seat in my boat, you would have to deal with travel and FL license(s).

Passion^. Carry on.

Thanks alot
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Doesn't like to be alone + "enough sticky situations" = extreme passion
    Last edited by Carolina Counsel; 08-26-2019 at 12:40 PM.
    Carolina Counsel

Further North in the same flyway... used to bitching about crummy years, yahoos skyblasting, lights as bright as the sun itself and the instagrammers... Not expecting much different here, but I'll be out there just the same
    Same flyway dont mean that much. Vegetation/ food is the limiting factor. SC has done a fine job of killing every SAV in damn near every body of water. You will see soon enough.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Man that's concerning to hear y'all talk about that, over the last couple years FL has been spraying in some of the largest old wetlands and the change in how the bottom feels when you're out there has been pretty noticeable. Was talking to one of the contractors out there sprayign and its basically roundup they are flooding the marsh with. Can't imagine the effect on the ecosystem over time.

Probably going to kill half as many ducks in SC compared to North FL. Lemme know in February if I was right.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    Probably going to kill half as many ducks in SC compared to North FL. Lemme know in February if I was right.
    That might be almost none if that's true over last year. I only did like 2 WMA hunts with my brother in law last year, otherwise stayed out of the sh*t shows and sat in the local marshes near my house. Only killed a couple here and there on those hunts, but way more relaxing. Nice to take my daughters out there and not feel like they need a flak jacket and helmet. That's a big reason I'm looking for some local assistance, I want my kids to have the opportunity to enjoy hunting, fishing and the social aspect that came with it when I was a kid... for the love of God I sound like a sappy old man now.. thanks guys

The Santee Cooper lake system (consists of Lakes Marion and Moultrie) had an outbreak of hydrilla in the 90's. The owning electric cooperative Santee Cooper declared war against it leaving the lakes to be a barren wasteland of nothingness devoid of any beneficial vegetation to fish and ducks. And now they're pretty much broke and left for dead because of disastrous attempt at building a nuclear reactor in the upstate. Karma's a bitch. Just ask Earl.

Do some googling on that V.C. Summer nuclear reactor story. It's a doozie!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

I might be your huckleberry on that teal hunt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    I might be your huckleberry on that teal hunt.
    Been nice knowing ya....
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...