Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Don't like hunting alone

I haven't duck hunted public water in FL in 20 years, but I never saw the number of hunters I see here.

Santee Cooper is not about broke, but definitely devoid of plant life. Bogster is the resident hippy working on fixing that ecosystem, hopefully one day it will come to fruition. SAV's are sprayed in every major lake and river in SC unfortunately.

Good luck on killing ducks in SC public water, it can be done. Feet down is a tough achievement here by far. Money and politics run the hunting and everything else SC has to offer, if you take that "passion" to Cola you may be hunting private impoundments. There you will have your highest success and in a good impoundment kill mixed bags pretty regular. Just make sure to take your passionate knee pads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Quackerjax, there are a couple of Ducks Unlimited Dinners coming up in October. I know some of the fellas involved and they're good folks, many from Lexington, Gilbert area. Delta Waterfowl Columbia chapter should have something coming up too. Consider checking one out.

https://www.ducks.org/south-carolina...&-oyster-roast
    https://www.ducks.org/south-carolina...dinner-banquet

I hope WillyWorm takes you up on the teal shoot. FL has a lot better public waterfowl habitat than SC, if I were you I'd plan on taking a few trips back to FL.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    I haven't duck hunted public water in FL in 20 years, but I never saw the number of hunters I see here.
    There are still areas down there that aren't over exposed and pressured, where you can have a good hunt and work em all the way in - you just have to know where they are and not be afraid to put in the work. All the WMAs that are mapped out on the state FWC site are just complete madhouses since the boom about 6 years ago. Quota system in FL has changed a few times over the last couple years, which has helped some spots and hurt others. The one my friends have all hunted since I was a kid recently went lottery draw where it used to be first come first serve with a limit. A lot of locals suddenly freaking out because they either didn't know in time to submit or couldn't get a draw in what we all saw as our back yard. So you either venture out and start travelling or try to work together and share guest passes or... don't hunt. It also had the effect of putting way more pressure on the public waters that are not part of any WMA, a spot an old friend and I hunted where we never saw a soul for decades was suddenly full of shining lights and skybusters hollering out after 4 of them unload a volley of rounds and drop a single merg. The regular goose spot we had that produced dependably every time there was a cold snap suddenly had a permanent blind built at the roost and garbage and spent shells everywhere. Our marsh hen flats are full of kayakers that get offended by hunting and can't understand that they are endangering themselves and breaking the law by paddling into your active hunt area to stop you.

The FL hunting experience has definitely changed quite a bit over the years

You'll never hunt alone in SC even if you hunt on your own.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    This is the truth!

That’s bullshit

The post you made years ago about being questioned at the station about being by yourself has made me say the same thing you did often. If you believe in him, he is always with you. Essentially never hunting alone. For some reason that stuck with me.
    Last edited by beanhunter; 09-01-2019 at 08:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Not going to make trip to FL for teal opener after all, got some things up here that are going to keep me from travelling.

WW, tried to PM you that but I can't seem to use the messaging system on this forum, maybe cuz I'm new, I dunno

It's cool man. I'm covered up with stuff right now. Easiest way to pm is thru the website. It can be kinda screwy when you do it on Tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 09-24-2019 at 10:58 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Hey man shoot me a pm. I have a rig and stuff as well and live in Lexington county. Shoot me a pm and we can get together and go a few times.
    Jeremy A.