Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hammond vs So Columbia (PA) on ESPN

yep. he and meares pulled and i was on the scout team and they crushed me.
    Red Bank. '86
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    whew. I'm glad my kids dont play any more...

Watch the film and Boogie played well. Jordan was handled by a kid from Penn going to play D1 elsewhere. Jackson threw a bunch of INTs but honestly only one or two poorly thrown balls. Hammonds O-line was outmanned on every snap.

FWIW, the Penn team is a public school and ranked #1 in the nation for its size. They havent lost but a game or two in years. It showed. I must say they are "better coached" than Hammond. They damn sure had more football players. Hammond just has a bunch of kids playing football.

#4 for Penn is the top recruit. WR. I'll give WADE OLIVER props for covering him on every play. He had an INT and a couple of PBUs that were nice. Kudos to Wade for hanging in there. #4 was frustrated all day. It showed on TV. He aint gonna make it far if Wade can get in his head....

I dont think jordan will go to clemson. i dont think he could play there. Just my opinion....
    Good assessment. And Burch looked lazy more than anything. Looks like he's got the tools but no motor.

no comment

Burch is overrated. Why would a “5 Star” play at a private school? I mean you have IMG, Bishop Gorman, The Bolles school, and the like all over. He can be lazy and still be the big fish in a small pond. Let him play in southwest Georgia or some of the metro Atlanta 7A schools.

his parents wanted to put him somewhere he could play without too much attention on him. apparently, his performance in the classroom was of the utmost importance to the family. Maybe, once you hear that, you might not be so quick to judge.

It isn't his fault that he is overrated. Maybe Duke can get him.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Burch is overrated. Why would a “5 Star” play at a private school? I mean you have IMG, Bishop Gorman, The Bolles school, and the like all over. He can be lazy and still be the big fish in a small pond. Let him play in southwest Georgia or some of the metro Atlanta 7A schools.
    So he's a 5* recruit being recruited heavily & winning rings & he somehow made a poor decision?

He didn't, but the school who does sign him thinking he is a 5 star will lose out. Usually kids transfer to get exposure.... Ben Batson to Dorman comes to mind. What is he proving by playing in a private school league?
    Saw a 5 star named Rashad Roundtree out of Augusta go to Georgia. Never saw the hype about him to start with anyway. He had the "measurables". Ended up quitting and never made an impact. Plain overrated.

More power to the kid. It sounds like I am knocking him, but I'm not. Usually the better test is at bigger schools. Sure there exceptions like Washington County, Georgia. The year they had Takeo Spikes and Robert Edwards (along with a bunch of small school signees) all on the same 2A team. Not too shabby when an old country 2A school has 2 first round draft picks.

Bottomline....do you see him being a 5 star difference maker at a FBS school?
    Last edited by SCDAWG; 08-27-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Only south carolina private school superstar I can think of (i'm sure there are more, i just don't know them) is the legendary Gaines Adams

Yall sound miserable, but you aren't the only one. That's a plus. It's hard to even read the sports forum. It used to be a tad more original, it is not anymore. These are high school kids which makes it a touch more annoying than the stupid bickering between the college football gurus that are wrong on most things they post on this website. It should be embarrassing to them, but it's not. It's like they moonlight as weathermen.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 08-27-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Those stars come from camps not games.

True.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    Only south carolina private school superstar I can think of (i'm sure there are more, i just don't know them) is the legendary Gaines Adams
    ****and he played 8 man football at that!

Quote Originally Posted by redhead25 View Post
    ****and he played 8 man football at that!
    For

of all people...

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    So he's a 5* recruit being recruited heavily & winning rings & he somehow made a poor decision?
    "winning rings"....... this is comical. Its SCISA for God's sake!!!

Is that like those travel ball rings at every tournament?