Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: McClellanville 115kV ROW moving ahead

Nice play. I like it.

I found people who are better than me. I just flat out tell people that I'm not going to look at it..if it is important they'll call

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I thought we emailed back and forth? Hit me again if I missed something.
    I just messin' with you. We're good.

Besides, it was a PM from me you missed. Not an email

So what the actual deal on this? A new power line will cut through Santee Coastal and negatively impact the ducks, in cliff notes version?

Why are they taking public comment? Would it change anything?

Strick9 et al who are in the know, what's the take on the matter?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    So what the actual deal on this? A new power line will cut through Santee Coastal and negatively impact the ducks, in cliff notes version?

Why are they taking public comment? Would it change anything?

Strick9 et al who are in the know, what's the take on the matter?

The public comment period was extended until Nov 21st as noted in earlier post.

There is a pretty large push back at present against above ground or below ground transecting Delta body and FMNF.

Alternatives being pushed for are underground through the Delta and above ground lines to follow 17 instead of through the Delta proper. Neither are best case which would be underground paralleling 17 in close proximity to roadway.

The part that transects the Francis Marion is also under scrutiny but will likely wind up above ground.

That's all I have at present.
    Last edited by Strick9; 10-19-2019 at 05:05 PM.
    Genesis 9;2

I want to strengthen the voice of using common sense and logic to minimize/mitigate affects on wildlife/habitat, but just don't have enough info on the matter. You got a cut and paste type response, by chance?

If not I think I can find a couple available brain cells and conjure something up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft