Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: McClellanville 115kV ROW moving ahead

Default McClellanville 115kV ROW moving ahead

Anyone else get that email?

Yep
    DILLIGAF

Can you post it?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Good Morning,

The Rural Utilities Service (RUS), an agency within the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), has issued a Supplemental Draft Environmental Impact Statement (Supplemental Draft EIS) for Central Electric Power Cooperative’s (Central Electric) proposed McClellanville Area 115-kV Transmission Project (Project) in Berkeley, Charleston, and Georgetown Counties, South Carolina. In this document, RUS analyzes the environmental impacts associated with an anticipated decision request to approve or deny funding for Central Electric’s proposed Project. The Supplemental Draft EIS was prepared to address substantial changes to the proposed action and assesses new circumstances and information relevant to potential environmental impacts originally evaluated in the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (Draft EIS).

In April 2014, RUS issued a Draft EIS that evaluated six 115-kV transmission line corridors originating in Georgetown County, South Carolina and terminating in the McClellanville area of Charleston County, South Carolina. Since publication of the Draft EIS, updated engineering data has resulted in substantial changes to the proposed action, including the need to evaluate new transmission line corridors originating from the Jamestown and Charity areas of Berkeley County, South Carolina, and to account for a new winter weather operating agreement between the former South Carolina Electric and Gas (now Dominion Energy South Carolina) and Berkeley Electric Cooperative that addresses load concerns during the winter months. In addition, the following changes made it necessary to supplement the Draft EIS: the promulgation of a new environmental regulation applicable to RUS (7 CFR Part 1970, which replaced the former 7 CFR Part 1794, RUS Environmental Policies and Procedures), issuance and implementation of Executive Order 13807: “Establishing Discipline and Accountability in the Environmental Review and Permitting Process for Infrastructure Projects” (known as the “One Federal Decision Executive Order”), and publication of the Francis Marion National Forest’s Forest Plan.

A copy of the document can be downloaded from the agency’s website at: https://www.rd.usda.gov/publications...nsmission-line. The Supplemental Draft EIS addresses the construction, operation, and maintenance of Central Electric’s proposed Project. The Project includes the construction of a new 115 kV transmission line needed to energize the new McClellanville Substation located near the McClellanville service area. The Supplemental Draft EIS considers three alternatives, encompassing three potential corridor locations with one corridor including two different alignments. The overall project area encompasses parts of Berkeley, Georgetown and Charleston counties in coastal South Carolina, and potentially crosses the Francis Marion National Forest.

The Supplemental Draft EIS has identified the potential for impacts to various resources, including wetlands, biological resources and cultural resources (including historic properties). Central Electric does not hold easements across these areas. Once a final right-of-way (ROW) is selected within the preferred corridor, coordination with federal and state agencies and other interested parties would occur to identify, evaluate and, if needed, mitigate any adverse effects. RUS will compile public comments received on the Supplemental Draft EIS and produce a Final EIS that considers and responds to those substantive public comments. Based on this analysis in additional to technical and financial reviews, RUS will decide to approve or deny an application for funding.

DATES:

The public comment period on the Supplemental Draft EIS starts with the publication of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s environmental impact statement (EIS) receipt notice in the Federal Register and will continue for 60 days. RUS anticipates that the USEPA’s notice will be published on August 23, 2019 and that comments will be due on October 22, 2019. Agencies, interested parties, and the public are invited to submit comments on the Supplemental Draft EIS at any time during the public comment period. Written comments may be submitted by email to Comments-mcclellanville@louisberger.com or by physical mail to:
    Ms. Lauren Rayburn
    USDA Rural Utilities Service
    160 Zillicoa Street, Suite 2
    Asheville, NC 28801

Public hearings will be held for the proposed Project on the following dates and locations:

Tuesday, September 17, 2019, from 5 – 8pm at the Santee St. James Elementary-Middle School, located at 8900 North Highway 17, McClellanville SC 29458

Wednesday, September 18, 2019, from 3 – 6pm at the Jamestown Baptist Church Life Center located at 4339 North Highway 17A, Jamestown, SC 29453

Oral comments will be accepted during the public hearings.

For additional information on the proposed Project and the EIS process, please contact Ms. Lauren Rayburn via email at lauren.rayburn@usda.gov.

Thank you
    Last edited by Hogg; 08-22-2019 at 12:18 PM.
    DILLIGAF

They said I could be fined and/or jailed if I posted it. I asked for permission but Hogg went ahead and posted some of it anyway.

I got it
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    They said I could be fined and/or jailed if I posted it. I asked for permission but Hogg went ahead and posted some of it anyway.
    DILLIGAF
    DILLIGAF

Damn, up to 25k an acre for land acquisition.

My man. But after they put those boys in NY in prison yesterday for fighting back when Antifa thugs attacked them, I am not giving them any reason to put my ass in the joint...

fined for sharing a public announcement??
    bless the good ol USA

Here is how they couched it-

"This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties."

Didn’t this come up years ago on this site and the members were asked to sign a petition against it? I’m assuming that’s the reason why I received the same email.

Yeah which is weird because I think Rubberhead was leading that charge and I am not much of a petition signer...

I got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Could potentially directly affect me. I remember when it came up in 2014. On the site do they share proposed path/plans? Exactly, not general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is how they couched it-

"This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties."
    I can post that kinda stuff for ya!
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Yeah I got that email. How was this email list compiled?
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Dominion screwed the hell out of y’all and now putting a transmission line in . Yep I see a hell of a rate increase for the customers.