Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 07 Land Rover

I had a buddy who had an older Disco that left him stranded one too many times. The last time it died, he pulled into the lot of small business and just mailed them a signed title a week or so later.

He drives Cruisers now.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Is the mechanic still around? PM me if you'd like.
    That was a decade ago, so I’m not sure. The company was called Eurover and they were in Greenville. Between that place and Derek and Eric at the BP Service Station on the corner of Augusta Rd and McDaniel Ave, they kept us running.

With Land Rover's --- the only way you know if oil is in them is if oil is under them.

You have to like to "tinker" to own one.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Find her an old 4Runner.
    This is what I was looking for when I stumbled onto the Land Rover. It will be my first choice, although she says she wants a Jeep...

Get her a Jeep then

I would ask myself if Chrysler sounds more reliable than Toyota.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Get her a Jeep then
    Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I would ask myself if Chrysler sounds more reliable than Toyota.
    I love a Jeep. Both my children want one, but the Toyota is more practical and more reliable. But I'll never say never... especially if I come across a deal.

Jeep? Congrats on picking the only thing worse than a Rover...

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I love a Jeep. Both my children want one, but the Toyota is more practical and more reliable. But I'll never say never... especially if I come across a deal.
    Imagine buying her a Jeep, she and her date take it out and get stuck or break down, cell phone has no reception, a tow is a long way off. What would you have done as a teenage boy? Get the Yota before you become Grandpa way too early. I don’t have daughters, got boys and I’ll be damned if I ever fall for or give them that as an excuse. Just one of those things you think about but don’t want to think about because they’re kids that do stupid things.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

At least I'm housebroken.

Get her a Land Cruiser before they stop selling them in the US....

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post

That’s funny. Lucas electronics are legendary for shorts.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    Get her a Land Cruiser before they stop selling them in the US....
    Yeah, that's not going to happen.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

The biggest issue with Pre 08’ LR’s was water ingress from sunroof drains and some other areas. Most got fixed by the dealers.

Mechanically they (LR3 and 4) eat front brakes pretty regularly (70k) and generally need wheel bearings and the lower control arms fail.

They are considered some of the best models Rover has put out in a long time and are pretty reliable. I think for a little more money you could find one with way less miles, but plenty of people put that many miles on them without much issue other than what I listed above.

It will walk the dog over most other SUV’s off-road.

10-4. Thanks Chess.

Boss at work has a newish Discovery. Nothing but very expensive problems. If you can afford one just be able to afford countless maintenance.
    More Ducks, Less People

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Yeah, that's not going to happen.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...bout-time/amp/

I don’t see the big deals with the cruisers either
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    The biggest issue with Pre 08’ LR’s was water ingress from sunroof drains and some other areas. Most got fixed by the dealers.

Mechanically they (LR3 and 4) eat front brakes pretty regularly (70k) and generally need wheel bearings and the lower control arms fail.

They are considered some of the best models Rover has put out in a long time and are pretty reliable. I think for a little more money you could find one with way less miles, but plenty of people put that many miles on them without much issue other than what I listed above.

It will walk the dog over most other SUV’s off-road.
    Says the LR/disco man....
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by pee dee View Post
    I don’t see the big deals with the cruisers either

They ride great, very dependable, go anywhere, look good and last forever.