Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 07 Land Rover

I read that article, and I agree with it.

Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by pee dee View Post
    I don’t see the big deals with the cruisers either
    They just work.

I currently have the lexus version of the land cruiser. I've had 2 range rover classics and one land rover lr3. the land rovers are prone to many problems and they aren't made to last. that said my inlaws have had two lr3's and don't maintain their vehicles well. they put 200k on both without major issue except a rear end in one. ive had one other lexus version of the cruiser, and an 08 land cruiser, and 2 4runners. Toyota is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by jharkey View Post
    I currently have the lexus version of the land cruiser. I've had 2 range rover classics and one land rover lr3. the land rovers are prone to many problems and they aren't made to last. that said my inlaws have had two lr3's and don't maintain their vehicles well. they put 200k on both without major issue except a rear end in one. ive had one other lexus version of the cruiser, and an 08 land cruiser, and 2 4runners. Toyota is the way to go.
    or Lexus...6 and one half dozen the other.
    At least I'm housebroken.

I can’t think of any man that drives a Range Rover
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    The only way I'd take a Rover with 228,000 miles is if said Defender on the back, and it was free.

eta: ...and it wasn't my daily driver.
    And never for my daughter. Don't want her stranded on the side of the road.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

I like this one of Chessbay's, I think it has a turbo diesel in it now.

20190823_195549.jpg

More fuel = more boost!!

I like Rovers but, to each their own.

Most people that talk trash have never actually owned one, just repeating what somebody else told them. Are they quirky? Yeah sometimes.....are they for everyone? No. Decide for yourself and go from there. If you need support, KRT has a little Rover history on his resume.....I'm sure he'd help.

Plenty of "men" drive Range Rovers by the way.

These were a couple of my Range Rover Classic LWB trucks.

BP8JzU0.jpg

The background has me interested.

I do like the Classic Rover and the older ones.

Can’t convince me to buy a late 90’ to mid 2000’s LR though.

Had a friend with a mid 2000's land rover. The thing was constantly in the shop. We started saying, "It's making land rover noises again". It was always in the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    BP8JzU0.jpg

Background is a 1969 Series IIA.

I put a 200 TDI in it and KRT put a 5 Speed R380 with an LT230 Transfer Case in it for me. All three are out of a "modern" Rover....1990's. I have done a bunch of other stuff, like re-gear it, custom drive shafts, power steering, etc.....It's all Rover though.

I re-worked the engine bay a few months ago and reconfirgured the intercooler piping and some other stuff.....it sits like this today.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chessbay; 08-23-2019 at 08:53 PM.

The Gemini's aluminum alloy cylinder head was truly a breakthrough component. What a great setup, that Rover will ride right for years to come!

The Gemini's aluminum alloy cylinder head was truly a breakthrough component. What a great setup, that Rover will ride right for years to come!

Thanks, the drivetrain is fairly bullet proof and has pretty much transformed the truck. It's pretty fun to drive.

For the love...please trust all the people on here and DO NOT EVER BUY A LANDROVER!!!!! I bought one new in 2004, babied it, and in 2009 it started down the drain...and continued. LRs are great if you want to pay a pile of money for three years and trade it in to keep paying a pile of money for the next three years...rinse and repeat. I had a great mechanic tell me he'd be happy to keep taking my money, but the vehicle wasn't a job...its a career. He was looking up the estimated time to do what he could do on a buick in 30 minutes for $100.00...came back at 3.8 hours and estimated parts and labor were 690.00. He told me he wouldn't put 690.00 in the console to drive a block to deposit it in the bank. DONT DO IT!
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 08-29-2019 at 01:41 AM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Well, that defender is a damn sweet looking ride. Maybe the old bastages are easier to work on and less trouble than the 04 disco.
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 08-29-2019 at 01:47 AM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

BP8JzU0.jpg

I had 2 of these. They were complete junk. Both of them. 88 short wheel base and a 95 lwb.

Land Cruiser = Great
    Range Rovers = Run as fast as you can and I have owned. 7 outta 10 have all kinds of gremlins in them, electrical issues, transmission issues......pieces of crap
    Google is your friend