Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 07 Land Rover

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 07 Land Rover

Someone tell me what is wrong with this vehicle? I hear y'all talking about Land Cruiser/Rovers all the time. This could be for my daughter...

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Someone tell me what is wrong with this vehicle?
    It clearly says Land Rover right there on the front...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    It clearly says Land Rover right there on the front...
    Well that settles it then...

There is a new one on the mountain. We will see how long it lasts. If it is like the other 20 I have seen come and go, it won't be long...

Someone tell me what is wrong with this vehicle? I hear y'all talking about Land Cruiser/Rovers all the time. This could be for my daughter...

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Land Cruiser = Good ... Land Rover = I've never heard a good thing about them.

Land Cruiser and Land Rover are so not made by the same company. Land Cruiser is made by Toyota. Land Rover is its own manufacturer that is owned by an Indian company called Tata motors.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

Quote Originally Posted by Foie Gras View Post
    Land Cruiser and Land Rover are so not made by the same company. Land Cruiser is made by Toyota. Land Rover is its own manufacturer that is owned by an Indian company called Tata motors.
    I understand that, and I know y'all all post pics of your Land Cruisers, but I know the are some Land Rover guys in here too. And Tata has owned Jaguar Land Rover since 2008. This is an '07. Not that that really matters.
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 08-22-2019 at 11:47 AM.

I though Land Rover engines were made by Ford?
    "run and gun guide service"

Quote Originally Posted by dox08 View Post
    I though Land Rover engines were made by Ford?
    From Wika...

Ford era
    In 2006 Ford also purchased the Rover brand from BMW for around £6 million. BMW had retained ownership of the brand to protect the integrity of the Land Rover brand, with which 'Rover' might be confused in the US 4x4 market and allowed it to be used under licence by MG Rover until it collapsed in 2005, at which point it was offered to the Ford Motor Company, who by then owned Land Rover. On 11 June 2007, Ford announced that it planned to sell Land Rover along with Jaguar Cars. Private equity firms such as Alchemy Partners of the UK, TPG Capital, Ripplewood Holdings, Cerberus Capital Management and One Equity Partners of the US, Tata Motors of India and a consortium comprising Mahindra & Mahindra of India and Apollo Management all initially expressed interest in purchasing the marques from the Ford Motor Company.[11][12] On 1 January 2008, Ford formally declared that Tata was the preferred bidder.[13] In 2008, On 26 March 2008, Ford announced that it had agreed to sell its Jaguar and Land Rover operations to Tata Motors, and that it expected to complete the sale by the end of the second quarter of 2008.[14]

Tata Motors era
    On 18 January 2008, Tata Motors, a part of the Tata Group, established Jaguar Land Rover Limited as a British-registered and wholly owned subsidiary. The new company was to be used as a holding company for the acquisition of the two businesses from Ford - Jaguar Cars Limited and Land Rover. That acquisition was completed on 2 June 2008 at a cost of £1.7 billion.[15][16][17][18] Included in the deal to buy Land Rover and Jaguar Cars were the rights to three other British brands: the Daimler marque, as well as two dormant brands Lanchester and Rover.[19]

On 1 January 2013, the group, which had been operating as two separate companies (Jaguar Cars Limited and Land Rover), although on an integrated basis, underwent a fundamental restructuring. The parent company was renamed to Jaguar Land Rover Automotive PLC, Jaguar Cars Limited was renamed to Jaguar Land Rover Limited and the assets (excluding certain Chinese interests) of Land Rover were transferred to it. The consequence was that Jaguar Land Rover Limited became responsible in the UK for the design, manufacture and marketing of both Jaguar and Land Rover branded products, and Land Rover and Jaguar Cars ceased to be separate vehicle producing entities.[20]

My wife had a an 02 LR Discovery that was a tank. The only issue we had with it was a cracked engine block, and the dealership replaced it for free because it was under warranty. Had it not been under warranty, that would have been $5,000 easily. We found a local mechanic that specialized in servicing LR's in Greenville, and ended up selling the car to a family friend when it had 168,000 miles on it. His daughter drove it for six years, and he uses it as his hunting vehicle now. It has over 270,000 miles on it last I heard. Just know what you are getting into and find a machanic that is familiar with the typical issues you may encounter and you might be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post
    My wife had a an 02 LR Discovery that was a tank. The only issue we had with it was a cracked engine block, and the dealership replaced it for free because it was under warranty. Had it not been under warranty, that would have been $5,000 easily. We found a local mechanic that specialized in servicing LR's in Greenville, and ended up selling the car to a family friend when it had 168,000 miles on it. His daughter drove it for six years, and he uses it as his hunting vehicle now. It has over 270,000 miles on it last I heard. Just know what you are getting into and find a machanic that is familiar with the typical issues you may encounter and you might be alright.
    Is the mechanic still around? PM me if you'd like.

Is the mechanic still around? PM me if you'd like.
    That was a decade ago, so I’m not sure. The company was called Eurover and they were in Greenville. Between that place and Derek and Eric at the BP Service Station on the corner of Augusta Rd and McDaniel Ave, they kept us running.

Are y'all trying to piss off Chessbay

had an 06 land rover just like that that was the biggest piece of shit car i've ever owned. felt lucky to finally get it off my hands. constant mechanical trouble. idk what it is, but there's a reason that thing is priced at $3900. if it's too good to be true...
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    had an 06 land rover just like that that was the biggest piece of shit car i've ever owned. felt lucky to finally get it off my hands. constant mechanical trouble. idk what it is, but there's a reason that thing is priced at $3900. if it's too good to be true...
    What I was thinking too, but in all my googling, I haven't seen anything as far as known issues with the 07's. 05 and 06's are a different story.

Find her a Cruiser.

I know a few Rover guys that love them. Every two years they have a new one too. One of them told me they were great vehicles as long as you got rid of them before the first mechanical issue.

The shop that services our Cruisers loves Rovers, Jaguars and Audis in no particular order. He said those three makes put his kids through college but he’d never drive one or put a kid or wife in one.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Find her a Cruiser.

I know a few Rover guys that love them. Every two years they have a new one too. One of them told me they were great vehicles as long as you got rid of them before the first mechanical issue.

The shop that services our Cruisers loves Rovers, Jaguars and Audis in no particular order. He said those three makes put his kids through college but he’d never drive one or put a kid or wife in one.
    Was waiting on you to chime in. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Find her a Cruiser.
    Do yourself a favor...

The only way I'd take a Rover with 228,000 miles is if said Defender on the back, and it was free.

eta: ...and it wasn't my daily driver.
    Last edited by wob; 08-22-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    The only way I'd take a Rover with 228,000 miles is if said Defender on the back, and it was free.

eta: ...and it wasn't my daily driver.
    And never for my daughter. Don't want her stranded on the side of the road.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.