Thread: Darlington Bojangles 500 Camping

Default Darlington Bojangles 500 Camping

Who all camps for this race? Im scheduling it for the first time by myself and some friend. Ive been in the past with some guys that had infield spots?

Im going to pack just like I am for a hunting trip, grill, generator and a cooler with food and beer. Any other tips??

Also if anyone else is going, be nice to meet up.

Thanks in advance.

If you want a party look up Hunter and Crickets race Party on fb. About 3 beer walk to the track, so traffic won’t be an issue. I think they still have a few spots, if not he can recommend someone. Weekend Pitstop is also good people but pretty sure they’re sold out.

F01CB2F4-EA19-4C8D-990A-1C2DECF5D495.jpg
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

I have a spot at Petty, but looks that they have a nice line up at Hunters. You know them or just found your way in their direction during the weekend. I see you are from the area...
    Last edited by TJ_11; 08-21-2019 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Featherduster View Post
    If you want a party look up Hunter and Crickets race Party on fb. About 3 beer walk to the track, so traffic won’t be an issue. I think they still have a few spots, if not he can recommend someone. Weekend Pitstop is also good people but pretty sure they’re sold out.

F01CB2F4-EA19-4C8D-990A-1C2DECF5D495.jpg
    I don't Facebook, but looking at that circle in your picture, it looks like that's Bryan Pipkin's old house. We used used to have some good times there on race weekends back in the day.

As a kid, my father always got me tickets for my birthday. Of course we only went for the race day and parked near the gunshop. Used to be called the Mountain Dew I think then. Always wanted to go back on my own. Couple years ago I started getting invited with some fellas from work to the infield but lost touch when they moved jobs.

Hoping to get back into it.

That is Bryan’s old place. His friend bought the house when he moved and kept the tradition alive. Bryan camps at Weekend Pitstop now and helps Hunter run things. I hang around that area year round.

So im assuming the bands and stuff are for everyone then?

Gotcha. I'm sure we have run into each in years past. I haven't been over there in forever. Is Art still coming every year from CA?

It’s an all out block party open to the public, come and go as you as you please. I remember meeting Art, and I know there are still some folks from way back that make it but not sure exactly who..

A weekend in the infield at Darlington is where it’s at. Especially the Labor Day weekend race.

PM Sportin, he and his boys will be there to watch JR.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I’ve got an infield spot for sale in the azalea terrace. Right behind pit road at exit of turn 4
    Bah! Humbug!

How much?