Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is this plant?

Default What is this plant?

These plants came from a load of dirt we had delivered.
    The deer are eating it up.
    What is it?IMG_20190819_175739036.jpge

Looks like sickle pod
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Not sure i always thought it was a wild pea

Coffee Weed or Sickle pod...It’s a constant battle with that shit and it’s negative attributes far outweigh the positives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Sicklepod. Kill it before it seeds

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    And for Christ sake don’t disc it in!!!

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Prayers sent...

I already see flowers.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Prayers sent...
    Ill second this.. just go ahead and roundup what you got.

I had it bad it two plots last year, I got it out of a small one. The second one I got it out of half of it. I was hoping I got it all out but it came back and cut it 2 weeks ago while it was knee high and no flowers. Came back last week and roundup the whole plot just to make sure there was no spread of it. Ill hit it hard one more time hopefully next week if any starts to spot. I just came to the conclusion Ill get an early start on a fall plot there.

On the other hand, Celsius we use in our yard for broadleaf is on the label for control. It cost to much for me to test a whole plot, but next year ill spot spray early with it and see what the results are.
    Last edited by TJ_11; 08-20-2019 at 07:54 PM.

It really finds pleasure in growing up and over sunflowers that have supported its nappy growth..

Quote Originally Posted by TJ_11 View Post
    I already see flowers.

Ill second this.. just go ahead and roundup what you got.

I had it bad it two plots last year, I got it out of a small one. The second one I got it out of half of it. I was hoping I got it all out but it came back and cut it 2 weeks ago while it was knee high and no flowers. Came back last week and roundup the whole plot just to make sure there was no spread of it. Ill hit it hard one more time hopefully next week if any starts to spot. I just came to the conclusion Ill get an early start on a fall plot there.
    I would perhaps try a preemergent in the plots next year. A pre-emerg in my experience helps tremendously with it. It’s not a end all but keeps it at bay for the other stuff to get a head start. But I do realize with some food plot plantings a pre may not be an option

Never seen a deer eat sicklepod, your deer must be pretty hungry....

Sicklepod. T's and P's.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    I would perhaps try a preemergent in the plots next year. A pre-emerg in my experience helps tremendously with it. It’s not a end all but keeps it at bay for the other stuff to get a head start. But I do realize with some food plot plantings a pre may not be an option

Im willing to try it. Would I apply it prior or post till for plant?

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Strike View Post
    Could you imagine if they did...

Quote Originally Posted by TJ_11 View Post
    Im willing to try it. Would I apply it prior or post till for plant?

Could you imagine if they did...
    If possible I would not till at all but if you have to turn dirt I would spray after and right before a rain to incorporate the chemical into the soil.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Strike View Post
    This. I wish my deer ate it. They'd be 300 pounds

Yeah mine won’t touch it
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Pluck it out by the roots
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I've never seen a preemergent effective on sicklepod

Default What is this plant?

I've never seen a preemergent effective on sicklepod
    Really? I feel like I’ve seen Halex GT keep it back

Edit to add...after further review I have realized that I am way wrong. As that chemical is in fact not a pre-emerg...

Last edited by Quackhead22; 08-20-2019 at 08:32 PM.

Ive got a patch of coffee weed about the size of my truck that i absolutely fry every summer with gly. Area is a wasteland until the coffee weed sprouts back up next summer and we start the whole process again. Found some more in another food plot a few years ago and was able to pull it all up by the roots and it hasn’t come back