Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing Florida Boaters

Default Missing Florida Boaters

Been following this for a few days now. The more and more information that comes out I think unfortunately mother ocean has these fellas. Prayers for a positive outcome and peace and comfort for their family. Offshore is no joke, she will swallow you up and spit you out in a second.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florid...yer-walks-set_
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

I have been following it some. I wonder if they had an EPIRB or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very sad, hope they are found!

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    I have been following it some. I wonder if they had an EPIRB or anything?

From the reports I have heard they did not... had they had one they would have a much easier time pin pointing where they were/ are. That is the worst thing in the world to cheap out on when it comes to going off shore.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

At the very least, have a PLB. Not as good as a self-activating EPIRB, but better than nothing.

I went out with Santee Swamper one time and he said "Bo, it don't matter how long I have been doing this, or the fact I have my six pack, or whatever. If that bitch wants you she is gonna take you... you just better have an EPIRB and satellite phone ready if that time comes."

Quote Originally Posted by DJA View Post
    I went out with Santee Swamper one time and he said "Bo, it don't matter how long I have been doing this, or the fact I have my six pack, or whatever. If that bitch wants you she is gonna take you... you just better have an EPIRB and satellite phone ready if that time comes."
    Yeah, he's 100% right. We got caught twice this year but that first one was a heck of a ride, 4-5 blowing like hell with a few 8's thrown in. With the storms last week, I couldn't imagine facing something like that in a 22' boat. Praying they are found soon.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Yeah, he's 100% right. We got caught twice this year but that first one was a heck of a ride, 4-5 blowing like hell with a few 8's thrown in. With the storms last week, I couldn't imagine facing something like that in a 22' boat. Praying they are found soon.
    I thought it was a 24'? Or was that LOA with the pulpit?

Regardless, I won't leave the jetties without my PLB (on my boat, or anyone else's).

Godspeed.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

24’ Robalo with no EPIRB.

I think they found a fish bag or something off the boat.

No good.

They are saying debis of some sort has been found and are requesting vessels to check it

https://m.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/18939

Lord, let there be men on top of it.

Sad story for sure. We know the JFRD fireman. Good man, and I'm sure his buddy is as well.

two of our ED physicians are out on the water looking today.

Hearing just styro cooler and some plastic. Common debris.

Best updates and from some of those in the search and from USCG can be found on the Hull Truth.
    Genesis 9;2

15 years ago, I had to tie myself to the steering wheel of a 32 ft Contender
    Water broke over the T-top several times, 47 miles off Morehead City.
    Slick ass calm when we went out
    Only time I ever thought I wasn't going to make it, in all seriousness.
    Tried to follow some big Sportfishers in from the Big Rock and lost sight off them due to the swells.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 08-20-2019 at 08:39 PM.

The no VHF or epirb blows my mind. While it is the besides the point now as the important thing is they are brought home safe i just can't comprhend how men of their apparant experience could do something so careless.

Quote Originally Posted by DJA View Post
    The no VHF or epirb blows my mind. While it is the besides the point now as the important thing is they are brought home safe i just can't comprhend how men of their apparant experience could do something so careless.
    Yep, the no VHF doesn't make any sense. but usually these type boats have the batteries in the frigging transom or in the bilge and that's the first place
    the water over takes and then you have no electronics and no power to the bilge pump. Get your batteries out of the back of your boat and under the console or such!

I imagine if the stream picked them up, they could be off hatteras by today
    867-5309

The thing that boggles my mind with this is the amount of money folks will spend on tackle, rods/reels, lures, sunglasses, GoPro to record the days fishing,etc but yet have no EPIRB, PLB, sat phone, ditch bag, etc.

I’m tired of reading about how experienced they are. That doesn’t mean shit in the ocean. It might in the mountains but I don’t buy into it meaning much on that big girl.