Between a 5yo starting kindergarten, an 8mo being an 8mo, a teacher wife starting back to school, and August temperatures, a whitetail buck deer hadn't really even crossed my mind this year. Well last night it rained halfway through supper, and the kids had already been bathed, and there was a steady SW breeze so I decided to go. I halfway helped clean up the kitchen, got my rifle out of the safe, threw on a long sleeve shirt and snake boots, looked everywhere for a thermacell cartridge to no avail, and headed to the stand. I got settled in at around 7pm. Watched 8-9 does and small bucks feed in the cut corn field. Then he stepped out walking directly towards the other deer for 25-30 yards before stopping at 65ish yards quartering hard towards me. I put the cross hairs on his shoulder and before I got settled in for the shot, he put his head down towards his back feet. I was still solid on his shoulder so I pulled the trigger and just as I did he must have pulled his head up just enough for the bullet to go right through his G2. I knew it was the biggest id ever killed in SC, but when I got to him I was kinda bummed out that I had messed up his tine and cape pretty good. I didn't even have a flashlight so I quickly went back to the truck to load him up. I met up with some buddies at the skinning rack and that's when I started realizing just how big he was. I pulled a tape out of the truck and measured the first main beam at 25" and his g2 at 12.5 and g3 at 9.5....Thats when it really sank in!! WOW. buck of a lifetime on a random last minute hunt. I ROUGHLY measured him out at 151. His velvet is thin and about ready to peel but i think he will be all over the upper 140s.

Before I even had him cleaned I was getting trailcam pics of this deer. I must have been out of the loop but Apparently the son of the farmer down the road had him on camera and had shared the pic. I havent ran cameras in years but dang its cool to get the trailcam pic!

20190819_205223~2.jpg20190819_205231~2.jpg20190819_205236~2.jpg20190819_205442~2.jpgSnapchat-406266368.jpgSnapchat-700998476.jpg26939.jpg