Thread: USC/AUBURN

discuss..... if you can bring yourself to.
    wherever we go we bring monkey with us

real close or a blowout
    Well, I\'m not a gynecologist but I\'ll take a look.

are those crickets i hear chirping?

where is knee deep? give us the low down!

Here's my view:

Our entire season rides on this game. Either we go down there and figure some way to stop the run and develop an offense of our own...or we get the crap beat out of us and win 4 (or less) games this year. I have not been impressed with our D this year.....and I have zero faith in our starting QB.

It's a road game against a bigger older team... like LCS said... it really rides on this game as to what the rest of the season will hold [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img] . To make things even more unpredictable we are running a young 2nd string QB who does not know how to play football the way the offensive coordinator (Spurrier) coaches
    'In addition to inexperience, Heffner also is a scrambling quarterback, which Spurrier has had little experience with as a coach. '
    "Running around back there, then passing, I've never been around that," Spurrier says.
    When asked to pick the best scrambling quarterback he's ever coached, Spurrier laughed and replied, 'Antonio Heffner'.

Long and the short of it GO COCKS! Now please go down there and try and make us proud. [img]graemlins/party43.gif[/img]

Oh yeah Clemson still SUX! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"Oh yeah Clemson still SUX!"

Really...doesn't this go...without saying?

I think we'll make a game of it through the 1st half. After that my guess is they will wear our defense down with the run and run away with the game. We'll lose by 14-17. But you never know. I hope I'm wrong and Hefner becomes the most amazing QB ever and our defense suddenly learns how to stop the run. Although I doubt it.

DT

I think T'onio will suprise alot of you. Unlike lou, a change in the QB changes the Spurs offense. Spurrier is not going to try to change Hefner into a drop back passer. He is going to take advantage of the quick SOB he has. Look for alot of boot-legs and "trickeration". From the practices I have seen, I think T'onio has more poise and caress in throwing the pass than blake, not to mention arm strength. All he needs is to get in a groove and I think the COCKS will give them hell. And if they dont Ill still pull for them in the next 3 million games they play.

GO COCKS.
    \"I\'d rather go to hell than Clemson\".<br /><br />QDM= Quantity of Deer Murdered

it would suit me fine if the cocks win.
    except for the fact that id have to soon hear that yall will take the national championship next year.

From Wardamntailgate.com

Apparently USuC's reputation exceeds this state's borders.
    MEDITATION XVIII
    ON Sep 30, 2005 - 03:44 AM by ChadGibbs

Chaste Chad’s Virtuous Meditations Chaste Chad tries to get eggs from a rooster

"Stupidity is the devil. Look in the eye of a chicken and you'll know. It's the most horrifying, cannibalistic, and nightmarish creature in this world." - Werner Herzog

"Do the chickens have large talons?" – Napoleon Dynamite

"immediately a rooster crowed…" - Matthew 26:75

On Saturday night, The Auburn Tigers will host the South Carolina Gamecocks at Jordan-Hare Stadium, o*n Pat Dye Field, o*n God’s Green Earth. The game will be shown live o*n ESPN2, after the World Series of Poker, and before the World’s Strongest Man competition. If you prefer to listen to the game live o*n the Internet, please have your credit card and lubrication ready.

It has been seven long years since these two teams last met, and for South Carolina, much has changed. Gone are the days of Steve Taneyhill, and the nastiest mullet east of the Big Oak Ranch. Gone is Lou Holtz, and shouts of cock-a-doodle-Lou. Gone is George Rogers, who won the Heisman, and did a nice job mowing my lawn last weekend. But as much as things have changed, two things remain constant at South Carolina, state flag car decals and mediocre football.

Well, maybe mediocre is a stretch. South Carolina plays bad football. In 111 years the Gamecocks have lost 512 games. Along with Missississippippi State, they are the o*nly SEC school with an overall losing record. Their lone 10-win season is overshadowed by three 10-loss seasons. O*nly five times has USC found itself ranked in the final top 25 poll, and never higher than 11th. And in 1980, when they were blessed to have the Heisman Trophy winner o*n their squad, they still lost to their archrival. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

You’d think by now they would have lost hope and taken up a hobby or something. But loss after loss, season after season, the Gamecock fans come back, and they fill up whatever the name of their stadium is. They stand and cheer as the theme from "2001: A Space Odyssey" is played, and they hope against hope that the Nature Boy, Ric Flair will walk out of the tunnel and figure-four leglock their opponent. But it is always their crappy football team that comes running out. So they sit down, disappointed again, but they stay and watch, because where else are they going to go?

There are other things South Carolina is known for besides losing. USC is the o*nly major college athletic program in the country that uses "Fighting Gamecocks" as its official nickname and mascot. Of course that is a bit redundant, since gamecocks are defined as fighting roosters. But I guess when your mascot is poultry, you have to work hard to be intimidating.

This season South Carolina has continued to lose games. Although now they are being lost by o*ne of the greatest coaches in NCAA history. That’s right, last November Steve Spurrier traded his reputation as a great college coach for a membership to Augusta National. Not a bad deal for a guy who obviously hasn’t cared about football since 2000. And what foresight the founding fathers of South Carolina football must have had, naming their team the Cocks, nearly o*ne hundred years before they hired o*ne as their head coach.

So be nice to the South Carolina fans you encounter this weekend, they’ve had a tough life. And if they invite you to an illegal underground cockfight, put $5 o*n Little Jerry Seinfeld for me.

... and they thought they were only the luaghing stock in South Carolina. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

i think carolina may surprise us all this weekend.

well put just practicin!!
    Doin the bull dance, feelin the flow

After reading Jus' post it seems like some kind of incestual relationship within the cat family may be happening between the Alabama backwoods and our upstate.

I almost forgot, Klempson still sux!
    Like to talk Gamecock sports? Check out http://www.gamecocksportsforum.com.

WTF is luaghing don't know if you've been reading too many of hummerz posts or is that a bengal thing
    Well, I\'m not a gynecologist but I\'ll take a look.

Originally posted by justpracticin:
    From Wardamntailgate.com

Gone is George Rogers, who won the Heisman, and did a nice job mowing my lawn last weekend.
    Now that part is funny.

I'm with Daytripper on this one. USC will keep it close at the half and still be in it after three quarters. Auburn pulls away in the fourth for a 21 point victory.
    That the Tiger's roar may echo.....

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by justpracticin:
    From Wardamntailgate.com

Gone is George Rogers, who won the Heisman, and did a nice job mowing my lawn last weekend.

Ouch. That is just wrong on so many levels.
    There comes a time in a man\'s life when he is either going to go fishing...or do something much worse.