Thread: Researchers discover new drug to treat Glioblastoma

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Researchers discover new drug to treat Glioblastoma

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Too late for my brother.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Really hope they can crack the code and save others from going through the horrific treatment protocol that is in current use.
    Last edited by nitro5x6's; 08-19-2019 at 10:29 AM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

There are a lot of new drugs coming online to treat GBM, most of them fail in Phase 1 of a clinical trial. So, far the CT Emily is in seems to be working like it should and is immunotherapy based. They are finding more and more success with immunotherapy than drugs can deliver because of the complexity of the cancer. This one isn't like a specific tissue cancer, it morphs and changes and has thousands of different genetic markers, proteins, viral components etc. GBM also suppresses the immune system, locking the T-cell and white blood cells in the bone marrow creating a compromised immune system. It amazes me the number of people we have met and how many cases I have heard of diagnosed since January.

Emily's Clinical Trial uses the TDAP (Tetanus & Diphtheria) virus and vaccination to boost her immune system. We've had a process called Leukapherisis done twice. They basically cycle her blood through a machine 2-3 times and harvest the white blood cells. These are then engineered to a vaccine and supercharged to seek out and kill cancer cells. There are 3 groups of 40 in the trial, the long form vaccine, short form vaccine and the placebo group, they receive 4 shots into the lymphatic system via the groin about every 35 days. For 21 days prior to that they are on a chemotherapy pill call Temador. We're pretty sure that she is in the vaccine group because she has this incredible energy boost after the shots and her hair is growing back like you fertilized her head. We are 7 months from the date of surgery and no growth or sign of GBM on the last MRI.

I truly hope there is a breakthrough in the treatment of this disease soon. It's a tough one. We have met survivors that are 10, 15, 20 and even 30yrs out but that isn't the norm. The average life expectancy is 14-16 months post diagnosis because normally by the time it is found tumors average 5cm in diameter and have put tentacles out into the brain. There are many that cannot even be operated on because of the location. So far we are lucky and count our blessings daily.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Really hope they can crack the code and save others from going through the horrific treatment protocol that is in current use.
    I think the Decadron they give to reduce swelling may be killing more than it helps. We were lucky in that Emily had a bad reaction to it early and hasn't taken a steroid since. I truly believe they are on the cusp of some breakthroughs. We've met some incredible people on this journey.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Continued prayers your way Salty!

Prayers for you, yours, and Miss Emily.

Those steroid cycles were terrible.

Y'all are in our prayers!
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter