Thread: Louisiana Fishing Guide Plane Crash

Default Louisiana Fishing Guide Plane Crash

The owner of Bourgeois Fishing Charters, Captain Theophile Bourgeois died yesterday.

This fella was one of the go to guys for premier trout and red fishing on the Chandeleur Islands in Breton Sound. He lived his dream and shared it with many others flying folks out to the islands to wade fish for monster Specks. I'll miss "Theophile Tuesday". RIP Captain Theophile.

Has anyone on here ever fished with him?

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/f...uAimZ4iJ3CWVGE
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I had a friend that fished with him, said he was great, funny and a speck catching machine.

I stayed at the lodge and fished with Theophile last year. What a great guy and what a shock the news was. The knowledge and attention to detail Theophile shared with the way he ran his business, to the fishing and the lodge was second to none. I sat in the hanger which stood right off the river in Barataria with him shooting the shit, having a beer and remember him talking about how extensive the maintenance was he did on his planes and how he only trust one guy to do it right. Theophile was a bit of a perfectionist and did everything the "right way". He didn't shortcut anything. The guy was a true outdoorsman. I enjoyed the whole experience at Bourgeois Fishing Charters, from meeting the charter captains, to the cooks, to cutting up with everybody staying at the lodge who you didn't know, to the incredible food that was prepared. He had pictures of a lot of famous people hung up around the lodge that came down to fish with him and he loved sharing the stories about them if you asked. He did a Theophile Tuesday live video on Facebook every week that talked about how the fishing was, what was going on around the area, tying knots, and general talk about fishing/hunting etc, that was cool to watch. Man, awful news, just awful. Prayers up for Ginger and the whole staff down there and the fishing community. Sad, sad day. Let's keep them in our prayers, they will need it.
    "run and gun guide service"

The fishing world has been rocked for sure Dox. I'm glad you got to fish with him. Most of my coonass buddies were born, raised and live in Lafitte and many are related to "Toe". They're all in shock. I watched his last live video of him flying over the marsh Saturday......
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Damn sorry to hear it. He used to call in to Don's radio show that was one of 2 that I could pick up on AM radio back before the innernets...

member USCG Safe Boating D8 on The Hull Truth had this message to share:

"This case was discussed in our command brief this morning. A Coast Guard member interviewed one of the survivors. I did not know Theophile, but according to the survivor his actions following the crash were nothing short of heroic, and he likely saved their lives. May he rest in peace."
    "run and gun guide service"