Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 Subaru Forester

I had a teacher that was fine as all get out who drove one
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    I had a teacher that was fine as all get out who drove one
    What was his name?

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    Those four door Outback models with the truck bed look useful, but they quit making them in 2013. I tried to buy one but they said my bush wasn’t full enough to qualify.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

I wouldn't pay money for it but I'd drive one of those 4wd Eagles from the 80s. Hope that helps.

My aunt’s wife loves hers.
    I guess that makes her my uncle.
    man that made me laugh

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

What was his name?
    You really don’t like Subaru’s I take it haha
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

I drive a 2010 outback everyday for my commuter car. I love that thing. It sees more dirt and mud than 90% of the pickups on this website and gets 27mpg doing it. It has 150k on it and has required very little work.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    You really don’t like Subaru’s I take it haha
    I think they’re a good car manufacturer. I just like to give people shit. I actually pondered buying the version with small truck bed. Seemed practical and I’m married. I don’t really care what I drive. I’m not picking up chicks.

When I mentioned it to my wife she looked at me sideways and asked me if I was a lesbian. I said “yes”.

But lebonese women do seem to drive them a great deal.

But lebonese women do seem to drive them a great deal.
    You’re not wrong there haha

We are eyeballing the new ascend they have. One size up from the forester. Not A fan that they are a new model and would like to see what bugs and issues they have first

She has drive. Toyota’s for the last 22 years with no issues to speak of but I like the platform Subaru uses and most mechanics seem to think they are bullet proof
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

The outbacks have more ground clearance than a lot of SUVs, are 4wd, and get good mileage. I’ve ridden in a couple used as Uber’s and there is definitely a difference between engines but if I were traveling a lot on a weekly basis I’d consider one.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Wife got one a few months ago. Loves it. I'm a lesbian but pretty sure she's not. She was between Highlander, Sante Fe, and Enclave. She drives a lot and the Forrester gets 30+ miles to the gallon compared to low 20's on the others. Had some issues with the back gate right away but it's fixed.

Wife has a 2019 Forester Base Model, she loves it, but it doesn't have but 5200 miles on it so far. For a 4 cyl it seems to have plenty of power and gets 30+ MPG. I'm still skeptical on it, but everyone I talked to before We bought it said that they were very dependable cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Y'all moving to Black Mountain or Asheville proper?
    Ha ha - I drove past Asheville just yesterday...I commented on the number of Subarus we were seeing. It quickly became a joke. Every one of them was driven by a neck-bearded hippie or a frizzy-haired nomad with some sort of herding-breed dog riding shotgun.
    Last edited by Rubberhead*; 08-20-2019 at 08:03 AM.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Ha ha - I drove past Asheville just yesterday...I commented on the number of Subarus we were seeing. It quickly became a joke. Every one of them was driven by a neck-bearded hippie or a frizzy-haired nomad with some sort of herding-breed dog riding shotgun.
    Man buns err whur too.

Gbelly and I were at LBL a few years ago and an old hippie dude in his 70's rockin' a steel grey pony tail rolled up into camp driving a subaru with a motor assist bicycle on the back. He hung out around the fire with us a while. Cool dude. Still walking and climbing those hills chasing deer with a bow. We introduced him to SC fat lighter and blew his mind.

Out West they derogatorily call them LezBarus.

I have seen those lil rigs crawl right past lifted 4x4 trucks stuck on snow/ice on Snoqualmie pass in blizzard conditions . Solid vehicles.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    I wouldn't pay money for it but I'd drive one of those 4wd Eagles from the 80s. Hope that helps.
    Eagles were American Motors weren't they?
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

AMC. Sounds right.