Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Subaru Forester

Default 2019 Subaru Forester

Wife's looking at a 2019 Subaru Forester Touring Edition. Anyone with any knowledge or experience with this model? Pro's and Con's
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

They give you the option to play hacky sack in public.

My wife has an Outback we bought new a couple of years ago. No issues at all and has been a solid vehicle.

...and drink PBR.

Y'all moving to Black Mountain or Asheville proper?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Y'all moving to Black Mountain or Asheville proper?
    LOL !
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

I built a custom light bar for one that was going across alaska in a race. Out of all the vehicles entered, Subaru’s won the top 3 spots.

That’s got to account for something...

Quote Originally Posted by PalmettoTrooper View Post
    I built a custom light bar for one that was going across alaska in a race. Out of all the vehicles entered, Subaru’s won the top 3 spots.

That’s got to account for something...
    Our next door neighbor sold one of their Subaru's. Used and in great shape...Someone in Alaska bought it and had it shipped up.

My wife has a 2019 Outback and loves it. Just got back from Beaufort for the weekend and averaged a little over 30mpg for the trip. Hers has the 2.5L and it’s plenty for what she uses it for. She’s made several trips to Florida in it while towing our kayak trailer and has had no issues with it.

One thing of note: don’t let the dealer try and tell you that Subaru won’t move off of the window sticker price. They were asking $29k for the one my wife bought. She walked out with the car for right at $25k with tax, title, and a few added options. Just took a little time and research.
    Last edited by Ring King; 08-19-2019 at 10:23 AM.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    My wife has a 2019 Outback and loves it. Just got back from Beaufort for the weekend and averaged a little over 30mpg for the trip. Hers has the 2.5L and it’s plenty for what she uses it for. She’s made several trips to Florida in it while towing our kayak trailer and has had no issues with it.

One thing of note: don’t let the dealer try and tell you that Subaru won’t move off of the window sticker price. They were asking $29k for the one my wife bought. She walked out with the car for right at $25k with tax, title, and a few added options. Just took a little time and research.
    Thanks for the info.

~Chief Seattle ~

I don't smoke weed, hug trees, or support Bernie, so no Subaru for me.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

My aunt’s wife loves hers.

I guess that makes her my uncle.

I thought they all came with a Bernie sticker.

Fine little lesbian cars.

Wish I still had dads old BRAT.
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

I hear they come standard with a lesbian

Those four door Outback models with the truck bed look useful, but they quit making them in 2013. I tried to buy one but they said my bush wasn’t full enough to qualify.

In Denver recently and rented one, not by choice from Budget. That was their midsize whatever step up from tiny compact. No idea on engine options but that thing wouldn’t pull a greasy string out of a cats ass. It was unsafe to drive it was so slow in traffic. It would downshift but that didn’t mean more speed. My buddy and I were laughing at it and cussing it so. Would not spin a wheel on loose dirt road if floored it from a stop. Held the brake and floored it on dirt, still wouldn’t spin. No anti spin button that I saw, but I’m not familiar with that car either? Get the bigger engine is all I would say. And some petuli or whatever that God awful perfume all hippies wear.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.