Opening morning started out with my big target buck being at my camera 2 minutes before shooting light, but I couldn't see him anyway. So even if it had been legal it wouldn't have done me any good. That afternoon I was running a little late and a couple of guys signed out road stands blocking the one I wanted to go to. Instead I say in a stand a buddy of mine recommended saying he saw a bachelor group of big bucks in there a few days earlier. He wasn't wrong. 755 this guy walks out and while there was a deer with him that would of scored better taking this deer was the better decision.
19 3/4" 9 point weighed 195
5019.jpg

I was going to hold off for a few days but my son (5 years old) was begging to go so I took him Saturday afternoon. We had a family supper so we didn't get in the stand until after 7. I told him we were after a hog and we probably wouldn't see a deer I was willing to shoot After watching a couple does we had three bucks walk out at the end of the plot at 830. First deer was about a 16 inch to year old, second deer was not a big deer but I didn't study him because by that time the third one was in the field. As soon as I saw him I said "oh shit! Son put on your ear muffs". I never would of sat in this stand without my son wanting to go and everything worked out perfect.
20 5/8" 10 point with mass for days weighed in at 176
5297.jpeg
5295.jpg

Awesome weekend and awesome memories made. Hope everyone had just as good of an opening weekend.