Thread: Firefighters Doing Work - Good Stuff!

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Firefighters Doing Work - Good Stuff!

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

No question they are hero's.

Read the captions. Four children were left in the apartment alone. There is a pic of momma showing up on the scene. The oldest kid can't be older than 6.

Good on the hose draggers. Those guys have a tough job.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    Read the captions. Four children were left in the apartment alone. There is a pic of momma showing up on the scene. The oldest kid can't be older than 6.

Good on the hose draggers. Those guys have a tough job.
    I saw that. Can/will she be charged?

Exactly why we trained our asses off everyday. Doing CPR in a child is one of the most heart wrenching things I ever did. Stays with you for a looong time. Those guys did a damn good job!!
    Last edited by LabLuvR; 08-18-2019 at 11:19 AM.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    So if she is charged, what then? NOT bashing you, FYI, just trying to think my way through it, as I feel the same way you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    So if she is charged, what then? NOT bashing you, FYI, just trying to think my way through it, as I feel the same way you do.
    Don’t know. And maybe there’s more to it than what’s depicted but four kids under six left at home by themselves. Just doesn’t seem right. Let the court sort it out.

Someone needs to fact check this story. Exactly five years ago the media and the politicians told us that all white first responders were racists in St. Louis after they shot that American hero Michael Brown dead in the street. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...1cf25a5d7.html
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Exactly why we trained our asses off everyday. Doing CPR in a child is one of the most heart wrenching things I ever did. Stays with you for a looong time. Those guys did a damn good job!!
    They sure did do a good job and some shit does stay with you forever. But every once in a while we get a win. A few years ago
    We had a save on a two year old that was dead as a door nail when she was pulled out of a pool. I took one look and thought there is no way this girl is going to make it. Her Grand dad started CPR and we continued for what seemed like for ever. For what ever reason the ambulance never left the station for like eight minutes and it was a twenty minute trip for them. We did CPR the whole time and every time we checked the guy said"no pulse". Her lungs were full of water and we had a hard time getting air in. Finally we sat her up and we were able to get air into her lungs. We checked her pulse again after many rounds of CPR and the guy said " we have a pulse". While we were working on her, the whole extended family was praying very loudly. I can remember the Grand Ma saying " Oh Lord I know you can do it, bring her back to us". I was thinking how disappionted they would be.
    EMS finaly got there and I drove them in while the Para medics worked on her in the back. She had a pulse and was breathing. We got her into a room and it seemed like the entire staff was in there. They worked like a well oiled machine. But she started having a seizure and she did not come out of it the entire time I was there. I walked out of the hospital and realized my legs were wobbly.
    I got back to the station and called EMS when I heard them back at the station. They told me that we had done a good job, but they believed that the girl had passed. I told the other guys and we all felt fucking horrible. My partner Sam wanted to make sure so he stopped by the hospital on his way home the next day, and one of the staff confirmed that the girl had passed. I think that was on a Friday. I can usually forget a call as soon as I am off shift. I accept the fact that we all have to die sometime. But all week end I could not stop thinking about it and felt so bad that I considered quiting the Fire Department after over twenty years. I have seen a lot of shit but this one really bothered me.
    I worked a 24 hour shift Monday and we did not talk about it much at all. Tuesday I was driving home and I saw a group of women walking the neighborhood. I stopped and asked them to give the family my condolences. They said " oh she aint passed, I think she at MUSC".I told them that we had confirmation that she had passed and it upset them. I went to work the next shift and asked my boss to look into it/ He did, but he was getting conflicting information. I still believed she was dead based on what we had been told.
    I was driving home with my wife and kids in the car and a small silver car followed me into my driveway. I have a long driveway and no body ever comes up it. I jumped out to ask this car why the hell they were following me. The woman driving the car was the grandmother of the girl who had drowned(or so we thought). She said " Mr Fireman I have been looking for you". Then she pulled the little girl we had performed CPR on less than a week before out of the car. She was smiling and happy. The Grand mother told us that she had made it with no ill effects and I think she said something about God being good. I could not believe it. I truly feel like it was a miracle and that they prayed this kid back to life. I was never super religious person and I am not a good one now, but I believe this was all by the grace of God.
    Fast forward to last week, I have had a shitty shitty year and got some horrible news last month. I was thinking to my self how fucked up every thing is and wondering what the fuck we are all here for. I happened to be driving past the house where it all happened and I look over and I see the little girl we save out by herself shooting basketballs at the hoop in her yard. It made my whole day.
    Last edited by scbulldog; 08-19-2019 at 08:26 PM.