Thread: Bassmasters St. Lawrence River

Default Bassmasters St. Lawrence River

The Bassmasters went to St. Lawrence River in New York this week. Brandon struggled on day one in comparison to everyone else, had 13+ and was in 66th place. Did better today with 20+ and wound up 52nd. One of the Canadian Johnston brothers is leading. His brother should be in the top 10, but he was 7 minutes late yesterday and cost him 7lbs. Brandon fell pretty far in the AOY standings but luckily he has made the 2020 classic with the Lake Fork win. His travel partner Shane Lehew is doing pretty good in the top 10. The weights are crazy, small mouth averaging over 4lbs for the top guys. They stay in NY next week for the next event.

4/lb smallmouth are huge. Good luck to him
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I love watching them and missed the first two days traveling. I plan on watching them tomorrow.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

St.Lawrence river is no joke & around the islands up there. Pretty country to go see & check out.

I've always wanted to go up north this time of year and catch 3-4lb smallmouths.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

anyone who likes to fish should have the opportunity to catch smallmouth in clear water in a deep lake. there's something about it that makes it the most rewarding fishing I have ever done and one of the funnest fish on the planet to reel in.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I grew up in that area and let me tell you, 5 lb small mouth can be an average weight. I have seen quite a few 7-8 ponders and bigger. Some of the best fishing and hunting in the world in that area. Where abouts on the St. Lawrence?
    Last edited by jedmonston2005; 08-21-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Never mind... I looked it up. Waddington, NY. I am further south then that, but still the same fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    anyone who likes to fish should have the opportunity to catch smallmouth in clear water in a deep lake. there's something about it that makes it the most rewarding fishing I have ever done and one of the funnest fish on the planet to reel in.
    Nothing like it...

Quote Originally Posted by jedmonston2005 View Post
    I grew up in that area and let me tell you, 5 lb small mouth can be an average weight. I have seen quite a few 7-8 ponders and bigger. Some of the best fishing and hunting in the world in that area. Where abouts on the St. Lawrence?
    We were in the thousand islands on Grindstone & ran from Clayton. Place was awesome. The deer on the island were insane. Boldt Castle is beautiful.

Watched that one and the guys on ‘em flat smoked the big smallies.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

It's on this morning live.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk