Thread: Automatic Clay Thrower Recommendations

Default Automatic Clay Thrower Recommendations

Looking to buy an automatic clay thrower for the farm. Only looking to buy one at the moment so was thinking about a wobble machine or one that oscillates side to side to keep things from getting boring. Want a machine that holds 100+ targets and would like to stay around 2k so I've been looking at the Promatic Merlin Wobble machine, the MEC 100E series, and the Atlas AT250 series. The MEC and the Atlas seem to be a step above the Promatic Merlin but I don't really know. I have never bought a machine like this nor have I dealt with any of these brands. I'm not opposed to looking for a used machine but I like the idea of a warranty when spending this kind of money. Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Fish has a nice promatic. PM him for details. It holds a lot of clays and can be adjust to throw many different targets.
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

I have four Atlas traps. For what you are describing, I’d go with the AT 150 commercial. No tools necessary to change angles/presentations. Operates very smoothly. 5 year warranty and should come in under your budget with a cart. The wobble and/or oscillating attachments are going to push you closer to $2500. I have an AT 300 which is the same as the 150 aside from the carousel. My favorite machine. The AT50/250 is a pain to change presentations. Tools are required and the spaces are tight. Just my $.02.

~LB

http://www.promatic.biz/all-products...w-all/huntsman

This is what you need, I'll come help break it in.

Backwoods quail club is one of the largest promatic dealers in the country. A friend of mine works for Rick and he works on/sets these machines everyday. Give them a call with what you are wanting out of it and they can point you in the right direction. They also have used machines for sale from time to time.

This is good info- I'm planning to build my personal traditional skeet range very soon

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    http://www.promatic.biz/all-products...w-all/huntsman

This is what you need, I'll come help break it in.
    No this is what you need and I’ll store it for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.