Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49

Thread: Elk Season is Coming!!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Prineville, OR
    Posts
    65

    Default Elk Season is Coming!!!

    It has been a very long time since I posted on here, when I was in the Military stationed in Charleston, you boys really took care of me.

    I have been retired now for 4 years and moved back to Central Oregon, where is it more like SC than the "West Coast". Elk season is coming. If any of you old salts are out this way, I love to call in a bull for ya. Trust me. There is nothing better than to have one of these beast screaming in your face at 20 yds!

    It is good to see some familiar names around on the forum...I cant believe how much it has grown.
    Living the dream....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Clarendon County
    Posts
    6,738

    Default

    Congratulations on your retirement and thanks for your service! Let me be the first guy you have never met to say, I hope we can become best friends one day . It’s on my bucket list to have one of those beasts drooling at 20 yards.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    17,564

    Default

    Saw 20-40 today,...along with 400 + buffalo, some antelope, mule deer, a Grizz, and a badger.

    If I had my Mathews and some Slick Tricks,.....you might have read about me in the paper.

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 08-13-2019 at 09:29 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    united states of america
    Posts
    17,497

    Default

    Been getting velvet 6x7 and 7x7 elk pics steady now for the past week. Sept is definitely gonna be interesting

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    17,564

    Default

    .

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    saluda, sc
    Posts
    2,309

    Default

    B9E69BD0-562D-47B7-A007-A371A4622F0A.jpg

    Could have speared this cow out the window today.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    Guy Eastman, so a name has been dropped to make this official. Thanks for your service! Hope you whoop up on the elk this season.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    17,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coonsqualler01 View Post
    Guy Eastman, so a name has been dropped to make this official. Thanks for your service! Hope you whoop up on the elk this season.
    Me too

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spartanburg
    Posts
    41,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Duck View Post
    It has been a very long time since I posted on here, when I was in the Military stationed in Charleston, you boys really took care of me.

    I have been retired now for 4 years and moved back to Central Oregon, where is it more like SC than the "West Coast". Elk season is coming. If any of you old salts are out this way, I love to call in a bull for ya. Trust me. There is nothing better than to have one of these beast screaming in your face at 20 yds!

    It is good to see some familiar names around on the forum...I cant believe how much it has grown.
    Donít say stuff you donít mean. Iíve been wanting to hunt Oregon for a while.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    34,382

    Default

    I travel well and cant wait to take you up on this offer....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Are tags draw or otc?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Prineville, OR
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Donít say stuff you donít mean. Iíve been wanting to hunt Oregon for a while.
    Any time, and especially with a fellow Submariner!
    Living the dream....

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Prineville, OR
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teal74 View Post
    Are tags draw or otc?
    The unit I hunt is OTC, there are some units are on a lottery system. In NE Oregon mostly, but when you draw one of those tags, it truly is a hunt of a lifetime!
    Living the dream....

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    Just watched a podcast of Eastman Hunting Journal on the most effective and coveted Bull Elk call ever made. So effective it has been outlawed in several western mountain areas. The slightly jacked up Rexcraft bugle. If a hunter wearing matching camo can belt out a boogie boy elk note on it the bull elk becomes hypnotized and comes to the window of the double bull blind of which this sweet sound originated. -pro tip.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Spartanburg
    Posts
    4,450

    Default

    Been trying to draw a tag in WY and NM. What's the draw like for non-res out there?
    HRCH Will-do's Get Back Jo-Jo MH (Jo-Jo)

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    34,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Duck View Post
    Any time, and especially with a fellow Submariner!
    Passion
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Spartanburg
    Posts
    4,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Passion
    I was thinking SCDucks road trip, but not sure I'd want Glenda in my truck for that long..... might make some moves on me!!
    HRCH Will-do's Get Back Jo-Jo MH (Jo-Jo)

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spartanburg
    Posts
    41,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Passion
    You need some whole grain toast for all that jelly.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spartanburg
    Posts
    41,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    I was thinking SCDucks road trip, but not sure I'd want Glenda in my truck for that long..... might make some moves on me!!
    Cheaper to fly. And no one invited you. Go change my light bulbs.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Spartanburg
    Posts
    4,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Cheaper to fly. And no one invited you. Go change my light bulbs.
    Gotta haul all the meat and horns back..... and.....
    HRCH Will-do's Get Back Jo-Jo MH (Jo-Jo)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •