Thread: Edisto Fishing question

Default Edisto Fishing question

I’m an amateur fisherman for sure. Can catch a few large mouth but I know nothing about creek and tidal fishing. Headed to Edisto for first time ever later this week. My teenage daughter likes to fish so I’m looking for advice. I’m not asking for GPS coordinates to someone’s honey hole. I just want to know my best bet for public fishing docks. It looks like there’s one at Big Bay Creek boat ramp. Is this correct? No boat or kayak, just old time dock/bank fishing. Tackle wise, I’ve been told a Carolina rig with cut shrimp or blood worm - good or bad? Again, I’m not asking for secret intel - just some public knowledge. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Take her to Botany

When my brother and I were younger we used to always go to the bridge next to the geechie boy. Used to catch a few fish a day but it was no honey hole. You can crab and cast net for some shrimp down there too but make sure you follow the law on crab sizes we almost got a $2600 fine down there one time

Also not sure that its still accessible with all the construction on that bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Take her to Botany
    This. I took my oldest a couple weekends ago and we wore em out. Worst part about it is having to throw them back......

Bait of your choice on a Carolina rig. If in a creek look for steeper banks/ deeper areas/ bends with docks.

Carolina rig or popping cork with a finger mullet or shrimp is hard to beat. slow retrieve the Carolina rig.

Walk to Jeremy and go catch some flounder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Botany for sure. Fish the mouth of big bay creek from the beach. There’s a pier next to live oak you can catch fish off of. Or walk past the rv lot down the beach to jeremy inlet and fish with live/cut bait.

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    Walk to Jeremy and go catch some flounder

Quote Originally Posted by swampknob View Post
    Botany for sure. Fish the mouth of big bay creek from the beach. There’s a pier next to live oak you can catch fish off of. Or walk past the rv lot down the beach to jeremy inlet and fish with live/cut bait.
    This and This

Don't rule out surf fishing either. You can fish the rocks on Palmetto or better yet, go surf fish the sound at beach access 32 or 33

If you walk to Jeremy take a life support team. It's hot as poo down here. But it is a good spot to fish.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    If you walk to Jeremy take a life support team. It's hot as poo down here. But it is a good spot to fish.
    It is a long walk. I didn’t think about how hot it is outside. Might be a bad choice in 105 degrees.

It is fucking miserable right now. Fished for about 2 hours this morning and said to hell with it. Took the kids to Deveaux it was a little cooler up there. I am over summer let it freeze tonight
    cut\'em

Go out at low tide and look for oyster bars at mouths of creeks. Live bait under a cork. Move every 20-30 minutes if no action.

Thanks gentlemen. Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    This and This

Don't rule out surf fishing either. You can fish the rocks on Palmetto or better yet, go surf fish the sound at beach access 32 or 33
    I spent every day last week hanging out on 34. Several guys surf fishing all week but all I saw was 1 outfit catch 3 small fish on day #7...
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

If you can't catch sharks in Edisto surf you need to hang that s*** up.

That shark bite can be tough...in February.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by UPSTATEWATERFOWLER View Post
    I’m an amateur fisherman for sure. Can catch a few large mouth but I know nothing about creek and tidal fishing. Headed to Edisto for first time ever later this week. My teenage daughter likes to fish so I’m looking for advice. I’m not asking for GPS coordinates to someone’s honey hole. I just want to know my best bet for public fishing docks. It looks like there’s one at Big Bay Creek boat ramp. Is this correct? No boat or kayak, just old time dock/bank fishing. Tackle wise, I’ve been told a Carolina rig with cut shrimp or blood worm - good or bad? Again, I’m not asking for secret intel - just some public knowledge. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    There's a golf course on Edisto. There are salt water ponds on the golf course. There are spot tails and black drum in those ponds. Govern yourself accordingly.