Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.5 creedmoor????

Default 6.5 creedmoor????

When did 6.5 creedmoor become so popular? Was I asleep? It seems like it just exploded right out the gate to #1. Its all people are talking about. Does it have a reason, like it does something that the other calibers wont do? Or is it just another caliber, but it has a different name, so everyone needs to add it to their collection?

Marketing and good selection of really good factory ammo.

99% of guys buying one will buy it to shoot long range - I put my corn at 125y instead of 100y, Bo.

I like .264 projectiles as much as the next guy, but there are far better offerings if you hand load. For a guy buying an off the shelf rifle and shooting off the shelf ammo it isn’t a bad deal.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    99% of guys buying one will buy it to shoot long range - I put my corn at 125y instead of 100y, Bo. .
    That’s sounds like something you would read on the South Carolina deer hunters fb page
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I bought one a couple years ago simply for the fact that I don’t handload and there was a lot of cost efficient factory ammo for it at the time. I don’t understand why people think it’s some magical round when all they do is shoot a deer at 100 yards, there are way better options for that.

Helluva marketing campaign. Started out as a target shooter’s cartridge then the “long range hunting” crowd picked it up and presto it’s the best ever. Mild recoil, good ballistics and a cool sounding name. Not much different than a .308 until you’re past 600 but everyone nowadays is sniping deer in the next county to hear the tales.

I bought my son one in a RAP and it’s a nice little round but I’m not really sold on it being everything it’s cracked up to be. Haven’t found it to kill deer or pigs any deader than the 7mm08, .243 or .308’s I have. I’ve gone the other way and enjoy the .300wm these days. Though I keep looking for a reason to get one.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    That’s sounds like something you would read on the South Carolina deer hunters fb page

Right up there with the “my Centerpoint scope let’s me sit all through the night and is so good I can see flies on the corn pile in the dark and only cost me $75.00 at Walmart.”
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

It amazes me as well. If was named anything other than "creedmoor" it never would have stood a chance. Historically, the American market has never been kind to 26 caliber
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Right up there with the “my Centerpoint scope let’s me sit all through the night and is so good I can see flies on the corn pile in the dark and only cost me $75.00 at Walmart.”
    That sounds about right

It genuinely worries me that some of the people on that page are in the woods, unsupervised, with a gun
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

A 140gr 6.5 is far superior in a 6.5x284 or a 26 nosler, in a berger bullet anyway. It likes speed and will pile up anything from a whitetail to an elk.

Bob Beck and berger just came out with a 156gr 6.5 bullet, might as well be shooting a 308 than that in a creedmoor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    Bob Beck and berger just came out with a 156gr 6.5 bullet, might as well be shooting a 308 than that in a creedmoor.
    Shooting 140s now in my 264 WM. I'd like to try those 156 but they wont stabilize in my rifle I doubt.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

I've been shooting a .308 for years and think it is the greatest round ever made but if you are wanting to shoot long range, it sucks. My 6.5cm will walk circles around my .308 shooting long range. If I am going to kill big game under 300yds, I'm taking the .308. Past that range, I'm looking for something bigger....300wm, 300wsm, etc. The 6.5cm has its place and that is shooting steel and killing small stuff (pigs, coyotes, etc)

Now a days, the 6.5 sits in the safe b/c I'm using a .224 for my long range stuff.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

I blame transgenders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.5 Creed is a great training cartridge for yutes and is acceptable if you have wimmins under your roof that like to hunt.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

So the NRA and Remington teamed up to make a model 700 American Hunter rifle. It only comes in 6,5 cm and is only available for a limited time. (American Hunter, August edition) And I thought, what in the world has got the NRA and Remington so fired up over this caliber Ive not heard a whole lot about?
    So, its a long range (600-1000 yd) rifle? That answers the I don't know a lot about it question. My shots are never over 125 yds, which means a .35 should be all I will ever need. My .270 will take me out to 250-300 yds, And I have no reason to even think about anything past that.
    Thanks for the info.

It'll die soon as the next new cartridge hits the street that will be all the rage to shoot deer with at a mile for the Heybo snipers.

Your .270 will take you further that that with the right load.

My wife and kids shoot one rather well. I borrow it a good bit too. It's a killer. And the crosshairs never even jump off the deer when the gun goes off

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    A 140gr 6.5 is far superior in a 6.5x284 or a 26 nosler, in a berger bullet anyway. It likes speed and will pile up anything from a whitetail to an elk.

6.5 saum and 26 nosler. I’m not sure 6.5-284 can get the velocity to benefit from the 156 over the 140s
    Quote Originally Posted by rrconductor View Post
    Your .270 will take you further that that with the right load.
    No..... no it won’t
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Lol

Some of this stuff is comical along with some misinformation.
    Last edited by b-stick; 08-13-2019 at 08:37 PM.

I have a 6.5
    And a 280 Ack Imp
    They both kill deer and I shoot them both among other calibers.... Does it matter?
    I suspect those throwing stones couldn't hold their own on the range but once again, does it matter?
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE