Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: 6.5 creedmoor????

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rock Hill SC
    Posts
    7,596

    Default

    Are you buying one? If not why do you care?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Horry County
    Posts
    2,883

    Default

    Itís a pretty well though out cartridge, designed by a world class target shooter and one of the smartest engineers in the firearms industry, and it was introduced as long range shooting technology and knowledge became available to the shooting public. It damn near perfect for what it was designed for.
    Match accurate ammo is available and affordable. Before the Creedmoor , 308 or 300 Win mag was it, unless you reloaded.
    Match accurate rifles are available and affordable. Before the Creedmoor, 308 or 300 Win mag was it unless, you had a rifle built.
    It kills medium sized game well without beating the shit out of you. Iíd rather shoot 100 rounds of 6.5 Creedmoor , than 308 30-06 or 300 Win Mag any day.
    Itís popularity make it easy to dislike and fun to poo poo if you fancy yourself a cool gun guy. Reality is with FACTORY loads, beyond corn pile range, not much can touch it till you step up to the Win mag.
    Last edited by FLS; 08-14-2019 at 06:07 AM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    It’s the .308 of 6.5x55, the 30-06 of Northern Europe.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Spartanburg
    Posts
    4,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post
    Lol

    Some of this stuff is comical along with some misinformation.
    Leave them alone, this is fun to watch....
    HRCH Will-do's Get Back Jo-Jo MH (Jo-Jo)

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the bend
    Posts
    4,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    It’s a pretty well though out cartridge, designed by a world class target shooter and one of the smartest engineers in the firearms industry, and it was introduced as long range shooting technology and knowledge became available to the shooting public. It damn near perfect for what it was designed for.
    Match accurate ammo is available and affordable. Before the Creedmoor , 308 or 300 Win mag was it, unless you reloaded.
    Match accurate rifles are available and affordable. Before the Creedmoor, 308 or 300 Win mag was it unless, you had a rifle built.
    It kills medium sized game well without beating the shit out of you. I’d rather shoot 100 rounds of 6.5 Creedmoor , than 308 30-06 or 300 Win Mag any day.
    It’s popularity make it easy to dislike and fun to poo poo if you fancy yourself a cool gun guy. Reality is with FACTORY loads, beyond corn pile range, not much can touch it till you step up to the Win mag.
    Or the fact it was designed to be able to run long high BC bullets in a standard short action at mag length.

    It does what the 260 wanted to do.

    Let’s not talk about the main thing that Hornady accomplished in a factory barre that no one else did which are fast twist barrels. Previous to the creedmoor, your 6.5s were almost all on a 1:9 twist barrel. Hornady pushed for the 1:8s and got it. Now factory rifles are being offered in fast twist barrels. 1:8 for 6.5a and 6mms.

    Your 270 or 224s won’t keep up with the 6.5s or 6mms unless you are running a 90gr vld out of a 22BR, 22CM, 22x47L, etc etc.A Valkyrie def won’t do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduckdog View Post
    nothing heals a broken heart like the smell of fresh pussy...

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the bend
    Posts
    4,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Leave them alone, this is fun to watch....

    It’s like being on long range hunting.

    I’m fixing to jump back into that 6mm life soon as our dasher reamer is here.
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduckdog View Post
    nothing heals a broken heart like the smell of fresh pussy...

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Gobbler's Knob, GA/ Bamberg,SC
    Posts
    14,558

    Default

    I am a fan of the 22-250. There, I said it.
    F**K Cancer

    Just Damn.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Banks of the Wateree
    Posts
    32,209

    Default

    I shoot a 30-06 at deer because I'm not a nerd.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Blythewood, SC
    Posts
    3,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I shoot a 30-06 at deer because I'm not a nerd.
    Wait...you’re not s nerd?
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Clarendon County
    Posts
    6,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I shoot a 30-06 at deer because I'm not a nerd.
    Word

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Spartanburg
    Posts
    4,317

    Default

    Bunch of dang pussies! If you ain’t shootin a 300WM or bigger you ain’t shat!!
    HRCH Will-do's Get Back Jo-Jo MH (Jo-Jo)

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the bend
    Posts
    4,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Bunch of dang pussies! If you ain’t shootin a 300WM or bigger you ain’t shat!!
    My 7 rem mag is hungry. She lovessss to eat up little 300 WMs. It’s her favorite food.
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduckdog View Post
    nothing heals a broken heart like the smell of fresh pussy...

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rock Hill
    Posts
    3,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post
    My 7 rem mag is hungry. She lovessss to eat up little 300 WMs. It’s her favorite food.
    7 rem mag......that's cute. My .50bmg is real American freedom. It has expensive tastes in ammo
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

    Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

    "I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the bend
    Posts
    4,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sftull View Post
    7 rem mag......that's cute. My .50bmg is real American freedom. It has expensive tastes in ammo
    They are fun to shoot a couple of times but thatís about it.

    There are a lot better cartridges for ELR work but not many for stopping power. The 50 does a great job at doing what itís suppose to. I am just not stopping convoys or shooting incendiaries into concrete walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduckdog View Post
    nothing heals a broken heart like the smell of fresh pussy...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •