Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BEST EVER hands down

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    there is none worse.
    Munson on the other hand, was one of the best.
    Yeah, but Munson could not run a Ponzi scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoy this Munson clip.

Run Lindsay Run has probably been my favorite ever since i can remember hearing it, but because of his rambling after the call.. Talking about breaking his chair and them having to rebuild to the stadium, to all the property that was gonna be destroyed in St. Simons and Jekyl Island that night. But the best part, imo, was how he ended it. "We were gone, I gave up, you did to, we were out of it and gone. Miracle!"
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Run Lindsay Run has probably been my favorite ever since i can remember hearing it, but because of his rambling after the call.. Talking about breaking his chair and them having to rebuild to the stadium, to all the property that was gonna be destroyed in St. Simons and Jekyl Island that night. But the best part, imo, was how he ended it. "We were gone, I gave up, you did to, we were out of it and gone. Miracle!"

beat me to it, the “run Lindsey run” is probably my favorite all time call by him. Loved when HW was a TRUE FRESHMAN and ran all over UT. And the calls when My Tigers were playing UGA and we missed a long fg and on came Kevin Butler. “OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD” that was all you had to hear to know that Butler just beat the Tigers

Guess it was better back in those days since tv coverage was so limited and everyone that as not at the games tuned them in on radio

John Ward. Munson a distant second. Munson would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    beat me to it, the “run Lindsey run” is probably my favorite all time call by him. Loved when HW was a TRUE FRESHMAN and ran all over UT. And the calls when My Tigers were playing UGA and we missed a long fg and on came Kevin Butler. “OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD” that was all you had to hear to know that Butler just beat the Tigers

Guess it was better back in those days since tv coverage was so limited and everyone that as not at the games tuned them in on radio
    Butlers FG was good from 70 yards.
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Default BEST EVER hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    I enjoy this Munson clip.

I remember watching Brandon play at Riverside. He was a lot of fun to watch.
    Also an interesting fact is muschump was on the UGA team that game.
    Last edited by Woodiewacker82; 08-14-2019 at 01:51 PM.

Anyone recall Munson calling Herschel Walker scoring on Clemson? Me neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Anyone recall Munson calling Herschel Walker scoring on Clemson? Me neither.

LOL. Neither did George Rogers LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Butlers FG was good from 70 yards.
    Wow did not realize it was that long, if I am correct Igwebeke’ or Obed Ariri missed and still time on the clock. Recall Danny saying “I knew we messed up then”.

Damn that was a fun series back then
    Last edited by tprice; 08-14-2019 at 07:46 PM.

You dumb fuckers actually put Jim Phillips in a conversation about Larry Munson??? Phillips was fucking horrible. Horrible.

yeah....maybe so...but for those of us who grew up listening to him on the back of a station wagon in a dove field thoguht he was the best ever.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    You dumb fuckers actually put Jim Phillips in a conversation about Larry Munson??? Phillips was fucking horrible. Horrible.
    Was he as bad as the one they have now?

Don Munson’s 5th Qtr scoreboard show was the best I ever heard. His game calling is a tad lacking.

More Munson.. he was a rascal of the highest level away from his work.. Noted fisherman, lady's man and gourmet.. There will never be another.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/the-o...G4wiw8KFIfJxK/
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

WSB used to give him a 30 second time slot on Mondays to discuss the movie he and his harem saw the prior weekend. Hilarious radio. What a treasure.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.