Thread: Sunday 8/11

Default Sunday 8/11

Went out and fished some creeks on the first half of the incoming and found a few. Ended up with 8 total and a few more that broke off.

Look for deeper water pockets in the creeks, no preference for bait type or size.

IMG_1044.JPG

IMG_1052.JPG

IMG_1053.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice work. What I miss most about leaving the coast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Great weekend for catching big redfish!!

Nice!

Nice fish- I know exactly where you were.

I see you have the hydro turf style non skid on the bow, how do you like it? I'm trying to decide between that and a painted on non skid. Worried about durability and ease of cleaning on the hydro turf but also really like how easy it is on your feet. Boat is a 15 high tide that will have a custom cap used for inshore fishing, giggin, shrimping, hunting, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by BET View Post
    I see you have the hydro turf style non skid on the bow, how do you like it? I'm trying to decide between that and a painted on non skid. Worried about durability and ease of cleaning on the hydro turf but also really like how easy it is on your feet. Boat is a 15 high tide that will have a custom cap used for inshore fishing, giggin, shrimping, hunting, etc...
    I have used both hydro turf and seadek. Seadek is a superior product in every way.
    I have it up there for some added cushion standing there all day. I have had no stain stick to it and with high traffic and a dog running on it no tears or wear. Easy to cut and put on yourself.

sorry for the confusion, I meant adhesive backed products (seadek, hydor turf...) vs a painted on product (awlgrip griptex, kiwigrip, totalboat totalskid...)

Quote Originally Posted by BET View Post
    sorry for the confusion, I meant adhesive backed products (seadek, hydor turf...) vs a painted on product (awlgrip griptex, kiwigrip, totalboat totalskid...)
    I have had no durability or staining (blood, oil, etc) issues with the seadek in almost 2 years of heavy use. I do not think hydro turf would hold up the same. The slight cushion is nice especially if you fish barefoot.

I doubt it will be as durable as a quality 2 part paint though.