Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Deere restoration #2

Default John Deere restoration #2

Back in 2017 i bought this 1940 John deere Model H from a kid in Rock Hill. We brought it to my in-laws in Augusta and had it running by the end of the day. This is how it sat on the day i bought it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

I left in January to go to kuwait and hadnt touched the tractor in a year. I always wanted to work on it, and fix it but never had the time to get home and fix it. Unbeknownst to me, my wife had it all planned out. This is how the tractor sat the day i left.

“… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”

My wife went home and stayed home for two months. She completely broke down my tractor, sanded it, fixed parts, and put it all back together. Her brother painted it, and a family friend applied the stickers. To say i was surprised is an understatement. My wife took care of 2 kids a 2.5 year old, and 2 month old, all while doing this. Here are the pics.

Resto continuing

Does she have a sister?

Restoration complete

The day i got home and seen it. Along with her tractor, me driving it, and little man taking it for a spin.

Dang. Just dang. Got you a keeper....

Also the other one pictured is from the first thread i started on her tractor. So we now have 2 tractors sitting in our garage on base

Awesome stuff! And thank you for your service!
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Dang. Just dang. Got you a keeper....
    Indeed i do. Not sure how i got so lucky, but i thank the man upstairs daily for her.

Wow, what a woman! Those tractors look fantastic.

Looks great! Fantastic restoration!
    A lot of time and work put in there.

Thank you again for your service.

That's awesome. The tractor and the fact that she surprised you with that.

Thanks for sharing.

Wow! Good stuff

Great story! Thanks for your service

Thank you for what you do and please understand what kind of woman you have yourself there.

Really cool! I don't know anything about old tractors but that looks like fun and really awesome of her to do that for you!

Good stuff

Unbelievable! Thank you for your service and all, but I'm pretty sure she's even more awesome than you...