Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cable TV and Internet Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I've got all of the SEC, U, ACC, and the rest of the ESPNs on sling, you can look at their options. You can drop it back and forth on a monthly basis.. I pay the extra 5 for the package with the golf channel.
    Thanks, will check it out

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    The kicker is trying to get the SEC network in there.
    This is where Spectrum uses the "package" leverage
    YouTube Tv has the SEC channel in their lineup. MG

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/?gcli...=aw.ds#panel-0
    Dum Spiro Spero

YouTube TV includes the SEC Network and ACC Network. For streaming services, YouTube TV and Hulu Live can't be beat from a sports perspective.

You might be interested that CNET just did a new review comparing SLing with YouTube TV. Here is the matrix and the link to the full article is below. I am one week in and I am very impressed. True 1080 performance (Spectrum is 720 HD for their cable boxes) and really enjoying having my DVR back and included. MG

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 10.08.53 AM.png

https://www.cnet.com/news/youtube-tv...tag=CAD590a51e
    Dum Spiro Spero

Trying out Youtube TV, seems ok so far. I’ve got a smart TV in the den, but for my other 2 TVs, will need to get something else to watch it with. What are others using - chrome cast- Roku???? What’s the best alternative for a non- smart tv. ?

Tired of the new ATT directv. I’ve been a customer for 18 years , they used to work with you when a promo ended to lower your bill, but now they won’t budge.
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

What he said. Don't own a smart TV
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I've only ever used Roku, and it's worked great. We got ours free when we got our Sling TV subscription. The Roku outlasted Sling TV by years.

Quote Originally Posted by MDman View Post
    Trying out Youtube TV, seems ok so far. I’ve got a smart TV in the den, but for my other 2 TVs, will need to get something else to watch it with. What are others using - chrome cast- Roku???? What’s the best alternative for a non- smart tv. ?

Tired of the new ATT directv. I’ve been a customer for 18 years , they used to work with you when a promo ended to lower your bill, but now they won’t budge.
    You aren't talking to the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by MDman View Post

All you need is Roku, plug it into HDMI on your older TV
    The Ultra model has better remote and hardware performance.

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-Ultra-St...gateway&sr=8-3
    Last edited by YoungBuckTX; 08-21-2019 at 09:44 PM.

I cut the cord so to speak this week after receiving terrible customer service from Verizon; riding ourselves of a bill for roughly $180 per month.

I signed up for internet service through Comcast which costs $54 per month plus fees. So I got a Firestick and installed Smart IPTV on it https://www.firesticktricks.com/smart-iptv.html . Honestly, it was a very smart and cost effective decision

so which is better and more cost effective

YoutubeTV
    Firestick
    Hulu
    Sling

I can find enough stuff on youtube if I need something to watch but with the kids they dont have that option.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I’ve been with Hulu for 6-9 months and like it. Their recent update with regard to the channel guide isn’t as good as it could be, but I’m sure it’s a work in progress. I was just notified that next month the bill is going up $10 to $55.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

I switched from Sling to Youtube TV and have been pleased. I switched mainly for the Local channels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

YouTube Tv is $50 now
    Netflix is $12
    Spectrum inet is $49

$110+ is still more than I care to spend though

The new Disney if your looking for kids!
    Low country redneck who moved north

I started this thread and since then.
    Told Spectrum to stick their over priced TV up their ass and I now have just their high priced internet at the moment.
    I picked up YouTube TV for $49 and still have my Netflix
    Impressed w/ YouTubeTV
    Just about have exactly what I had paying Spectrum $180/mo.
    Now I just need to find internet less than $75 a month......I think that is what these crooks are charging me.
    Haven't had time to explore the wireless providers
    Last edited by ecu1984; 11-20-2019 at 06:01 PM.

I️ got wow tv and internet. Internet’s and tv 80+ channels for right at $100 a month.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I started this thread and since then.
    Told Spectrum to stick their over priced TV up their ass and I now have just their high priced internet at the moment.
    I picked up YouTube TV for $49 and still have my Netflix
    Impressed w/ YouTubeTV
    Just about have exactly what I had paying Spectrum $180/mo.
    Now I just need to find internet less than $75 a month......I think that is what these crooks are charging me.
    Haven't had time to explore the wireless providers
    Spectrum has been throwing deals at me like an ex with midnight booty calls since I cut the cord. I’m spectrum internet, YouTube TV, and Netflix. I also have Amazon Prime Video but I consider it free since I would have prime anyway. I am at $130. But the same thing with spectrum was $200 including DVR AND I can take my YouTube tv with me anywhere I go. Win, win, win. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    Spectrum has been throwing deals at me like an ex with midnight booty calls since I cut the cord. I’m spectrum internet, YouTube TV, and Netflix. I also have Amazon Prime Video but I consider it free since I would have prime anyway. I am at $130. But the same thing with spectrum was $200 including DVR AND I can take my YouTube tv with me anywhere I go. Win, win, win. MG
    Same here. First month with Youtube TV and have been pleased for the most part.