Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cable TV and Internet Bill

Default Cable TV and Internet Bill

I have Spectrum for TV and Internet.
    Bill is $140 a month and I don't have the add on stuff like HBO or Showtime, no sports packages, etc
    I have the Roku sticks in all TVs for the extra stuff and Netflix
    Seems high as heck for pretty much basic TV and internet.

Talk to me. What is the best bang for the buck out there?
    I am sure others would like to know also
    Last edited by ecu1984; 08-11-2019 at 08:29 PM.

New customer offer of cable and internet bundle at $89/month with Spectrum. Our bill was the same as yours, so we cut our Spectrum service a couple of weeks ago and are waiting our 30 days to get the new customer offer.

I looked at youtube tv, but it's $50 per month and internet through Spectrum is $49 per month. It wouldn't save us any money, and youtube tv doesn't offer anything compelling above what Spectrum offers channel-wise.

Also going to probably switch over to Spectrum mobile once we get the service back up and running.

someone else told me they ended it and 30 days later the offers started to "come back"
    I am going to call their "retention" department tomorrow and see if they want to save my business

What speed internet are you paying for?

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    What speed internet are you paying for?
    I don't even know but its fine, no issues
    5G?
    Last edited by ecu1984; 08-11-2019 at 09:45 PM.

That would be your phone. Home internet speed in megabytes

youtubetv. 45$ per month. you can try it free for a week. live and local channels. sports. record feature. its great

I guess what I’m getting at is if your paying for 50 or even 100 megabyte service but could get away with 10-20

You can't just call and ask for retention. That's not the way it works. In theory, Retention is the last chance to keep you before disconnecting. Their job is to cut you the best deal they can for you to stay. A standard customer service rep CANNOT write a disconnect order. Only a Retention rep can after exhausting all efforts to get you to stay.

What you say is, "I'd like to disconnect my service". The rep will likely ask some probing questions on why, to which I'd advise do not take the bait. You don't owe anyone an answer to that question. But if it makes you feel better tell them you're moving. Once you get thru to Retention you can start opening up on why you really called. Tell them you;re switching to AT&T/CenturyLink, whoever, and they'll start going over the options. Pick the best option for you. You might save $20/month, but keep in mind that promo is only good for another year. You'll basically do this every year until you get to the point where Moonlight is and you disconnect for 30 days, then come back to get the best deal, because we always cut the sweet deals to the new customers, crazy as that sounds.

Did you see my PM ECU?
    Last edited by willyworm; 08-11-2019 at 10:16 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

We dropped Spectrum cable a month ago. Kept the Internet service to run whatever we have now. I can’t tell any difference, but I also hardly watch any tv. With that said everything I have wanted to watch since then I have been able to. We ended up saving around $70 a month. If anyone is interested I’ll ask the wife what she got.

Cut the cable. We don't care. We charge more for internet by itself anyway. There's very little profit on TV services, compared to the other 2 services. By the time we pay ESPN, the Weather Channel, TBS, etc etc for their programming and mark it up before providing it to the customer, there's very little profit. Profit margins are MUCH higher on phone and internet, because we don't rely on a 3rd party to provide it. We've built our own plug in directly to the internet.
    Last edited by willyworm; 08-11-2019 at 11:13 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

And thats why 14,000 a day are cutting the cord.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Cut the cable. We don't care. We charge more for internet by itself anyway. There's very little profit on TV services, compared to the other 2 services. By the time we pay ESPN, the Weather Channel, TBS, etc etc for their programming and mark it up before providing it to the customer, there's very little profit. Profit margins are MUCH higher on phone and internet, because we don't rely on a 3rd party to provide it. We've built our own plug in directly to the internet.
    So if my bill for internet and basic cable is $140, how much do you reckon my bill will be if I drop the basic cable?

I have no idea cause I don't swim in that pond, I'm a small business rep. All I know is what new business service will cost ya, cause that's all I sell.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 08-12-2019 at 08:44 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have spectrum. Internet only $49/m

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    So if my bill for internet and basic cable is $140, how much do you reckon my bill will be if I drop the basic cable?
    Spectrum will try to take you to $70.99 for only home internet (100mb) if you drop TV, Phone, etc.

Raise a little hell and they'll take you down to $49.

Man I hate dealing with these cable companies.

All cable companies suck. They are the DMV of the private sector.

I cut the cord about 6 months ago when we started getting $120 plus dollar cable TV bills with nothing other than standard service. The cable/internet providers are god awful to deal with. I use Youtube TV $50/month and spectrum internet $70/month.
    "run and gun guide service"

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    And this is the same attitude that most every employee has at Spectrum! This is what's wrong with Monopoly Utilities.

Rick- I cut the cable cord, got the same TV Stations without all the Spectrum Sales Channels and their Ads, and went to YouTube TV, with Prime and Netflix. Cut it both houses, Internet and Home Phone is <$80.00/month at each house ILO $200+each, and we've got every channel we want for $45.00/month with YouTube TV and can stream it at the Hunt Club as well. Spectrum and other providers don't care at all right now, but will after about a year of 14,000 a month going away.

Right now we have spectrum internet and Sling TV, around $90 total. The only thing I don't like is that we don't get local channels. I'm looking into Spectrum Choice. You get all your local channels plus 10 other channels of your choice for $25. There are no contracts with this tv service but it does say that the price is only good for 2 years so i'll probably have to change it up then. With the amount of network tv we watch this will be plenty. So in theory I could get my TV and internet for around $75 a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.