Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best bay boat in the 22 foot range

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Regulator is making a shallow draft boat. Very heavy. Top quality but I bet it's a pig with a single 300.
    I had one pass me the other week, I was running right at 50 so I wouldn’t call it a pig.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Just remember all the bells and whistles will break. Trim tabs are a must and a jack plate very helpful, though, for inshore fishing 22 ft bay boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I had one pass me the other week, I was running right at 50 so I wouldn’t call it a pig.
    That's interesting. Yamaha performance bulletin shows top speed of 45 mph. Must have been a 350 or 400. Oh, only offered with a 300.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    That's interesting. Yamaha performance bulletin shows top speed of 45 mph. Must have been a 350 or 400. Oh, only offered with a 300.
    Engine was white, boat was red is all I can tell you. I cut the cans coming up Winyah and make a straight line up. At that last can I’m trimmed out and running 47-50. It passed me in the channel heading over to South Island and pulled away.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Looked at a pathfinder 2200 price wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Still want to check out a sea pro 218 and the sportsman.

why is everyone down on Sea Fox? Just curious. I realize 15 -20 years ago they were needing to up their game but how is a Seafox any different from a sea pro, sportsman, sea hunt, etc now?
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    why is everyone down on Sea Fox? Just curious. I realize 15 -20 years ago they were needing to up their game but how is a Seafox any different from a sea pro, sportsman, sea hunt, etc now?
    They earned their reputation. A buddy of mine has had non skid issues on his 2017 22 bay Seafox since day one.

And in another dick move they sued sea ox claiming the name was too similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by flopduster View Post
    And in another dick move they sued sea ox claiming the name was too similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you do realize they got sued by seirra when they were sea era and had to change to sea fox. or is that different? I'm not trying to defend them but most of the negatives I hear on here are from someone who had a friend who had a cousin. its trendy in Charleston to be anti Sea fox.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Its trendy to be anti-mercury, Seafox is actual junk, Ive personally been on several and I wouldn't own one,

Come take a plant tour and check them out for yourself.
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Buy a SeaFox- need the rent checks to keep coming!

I’m gonna check out a sportsman this weekend. My fiancé likes the forward seating on them and the sea pro. I like the console on the 22 sportsman and the layout a lot better.

I've fished em all, SeaHunt, SeaPro, Pathfinder, Skeeter, Ranger, BlueWave, Sportsman, Robalo, Tidewater and Seafox. Out of the list, the only brand I would not buy is Tidewater. Out of the list they have the lowest level of fit and finish and have continual manufacturer defects (witnessed this first hand). Tidewater is out. Now to the rest of the list, I really enjoyed the Skeeter and Ranger as it is geared more towards the bass style fishing with big decks, key mind to rod storage, shallow draft and great baitwells. Sure you can say, all in the list have the same thing but the fit and finish of the Ranger/Skeeter stood out to me. The Pathfinder seems to have a much lower gunnel than the rest but none the less a very solid fishing boat. The Robalo is tuned to be a little more luxurious than the rest and the layout of the boat is about average, doesn't stand out to me. The SeaHunt is a great all around boat and for the money a hard one to beat. Customer service is really second to non. The new SeaPro is a laid out nicely but seems like they went cheap on some of the hatches/fittings, with a 15 degree deadrise it will give a nice dry ride. All the 20-22ft bay boats will be powered with 150-200hp which puts them in the 40mph range with great fuel burn. Look at the differences in seating too, as I'm sure the wife/kids will be using the vessel as well. The bluewave is a great boat and laid out nicely but feels alot like the SeaPro to me. The main thing I would look at if your going to spend $60k is who has the better customer service. Go climb on a few and pick the one that feels the best to you. The ride out of all in the list will be close to same, you will not get on one and then another and it be black and white. We are talking about a 20ft ish boat with trim tabs in light chop, so they all will be close. Searching for "THE" boat is half the fun. Good luck and good hunting. My list would be 1st: Ranger/Skeeter, 2nd: Seahunt 3rd: Pathfinder
    "run and gun guide service"

If ride is a concern and you want to be able to do nearshore with it, you owe it to yourself to check out an Edgewater 223/243/253...

Bass Tub

Robalo is full of wood. Yes wood! And the cushion/storage access is like a bad jigsaw puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    If ride is a concern and you want to be able to do nearshore with it, you owe it to yourself to check out an Edgewater 223/243/253...
    Very good quality.