Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tacoma owners look here

Quote Originally Posted by SCDuckhunter1979 View Post
    I have a friend that has a 2019 4 door 4x4. She pulls a 5000lb travel trailer and it pulls it well.
    She get rid of the Ram?

I don’t see the advantages of driving a Tacoma. Not much cheaper than a full size and not much better on gas. But you lose all the comfort and payload/towing of a full size. I’m only 5’8” and fill cramped in my dads Tacoma. Couldn’t imagine being a bigger guy driving one. I think it works for people like my dad who is retired and it’s just him in the truck 95% of the time. If you’ve got kids it don’t work well.
    Last edited by Remy; 08-10-2019 at 06:55 AM.

Tacoma is a good looking truck...

that's all I got.

Got one last year. So far so good. Hauling others, no, long drives, no. Back and forth to work and around town and woods, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I don’t see the advantages of driving a Tacoma. Not much cheaper than a full size and not much better on gas. But you lose all the comfort and payload/towing of a full size. I’m only 5’8” and fill cramped in my dads Tacoma. Couldn’t imagine being a bigger guy driving one. I think it works for people like my dad who is retired and it’s just him in the truck 95% of the time. If you’ve got kids it don’t work well.
    I'm 5'10" and the first time I sat in one it felt small. I got used to it. I like the quality, I like it isn't union made (see quality comment), I like the ride, I like that it holds its value better than a lot of vehicles, etc. Good truck I just wish it had the 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by rrconductor View Post
    She get rid of the Ram?
    Different friend Paw Paw

I love my Tacoma. I have owned 6 of them (3 right now). Sometimes I wish it was bigger so I could tow bigger stuff easier, but day to day, I wouldn't want anything else. Folks talk about them being small, but I'm a little different. I like small vehicles and don't need lots of creature comforts because I'm not a woman. Hell, I drive the smallest of them all...a 2014 Single Cab 4x4. It doesn't even have power windows or door locks. It's perfect and I plan to keep it till I die.
    I do not like the looks of the 2016+ Tacoma, so I don't know if I will ever buy another one.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Been in full sized most of my driving career. Tried a Tacoma double cab in 2015 because I don’t really tow anything warranting a 1/2 ton. That lasted exactly 5 months. They are not designed for cheeseburger eating, gun toting, natty light in the cup holder Americans. The seats aren’t wide enough, the floor board was too shallow, the back seats are useless as seats ,and if someone was riding shotgun arm rest space was at a premium. Mix that with the cost and fuel mileage of a Tacoma and the full size was a no brainer. No way I’d want one commuting to Arkansas on a monthly basis.
    I’ve been toying with the idea of trading my tundra in for one and this is the kind of real life review I needed. Thanks I will now keep my tundra especially since next month I mail in my last payment.

We have 2 17’s and don’t have any problems with them. They pull my boat and camper just fine. The teenagers might grumble a little on long trips but they grumble about everything. Today’s Toyota trucks are much bigger than my old 89 and even bigger than the old f150’s of the 80’s and 90’s.

If you buy one just stay off tacomaworld.

I had KRT hook this one up with old man emu suspension, what a difference! Faster you hit obstacles the better it rode. I regret selling it.

61CA56BC-A24C-4B58-94AD-7817A02EF180.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    If you buy one just stay off tacomaworld.

I had KRT hook this one up with old man emu suspension, what a difference! Faster you hit obstacles the better it rode. I regret selling it.

HaHa...yeah, tacomaworld will certainly help you spend some money, but you can also get ANY question about a Tacoma answered there.
    I've been on there since 2007.
    Last edited by MKW; 08-10-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Those guys have some badass rigs! I’d love to go to the upstate and ride those ORV parks with them one day!

I’m 6-3 and drive my Tacoma every day and it’s comfortable as hell. I get 20 mpg hauling all my surveying shit and my help who happens to be over 6’ himself. It does drop down to 18 mpg but I put the 12’ trailer behind it to haul the mule around. My help gets 14 mpg in his Tundra and 8 when he pulls his featherlite camper.

I would love to watch him try to go the places we have to go in his Tundra, never going to happen. I can turn around the Tacoma on a 2 track....Tundra needs 3 times the space.

185K miles and it still feels just as solid as the day it was bought.

And I don’t know about old man emu suspension, but Bilstein 5100’s are the same way, the faster you run o Er something the smoother it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    And I don’t know about old man emu suspension, but Bilstein 5100’s are the same way, the faster you run o Er something the smoother it is.
    Yep. I actually have both. I have OME coils on Bilstein 5100 shocks. It rides pretty good all while being lifted 3".

Not picking on you, but I don’t understand the part about it not being big enough- at least in the front. I am over 6’3” and have no problems re comfort in the front seats. More room than my wife’s Suburban.
    Last edited by Carolina Counsel; 08-10-2019 at 02:16 PM.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Not picking on you, but I don’t understand the part about it not being big enough- at least in the front. I am over 6’3” and have no problems re comfort in the front seats. More room than my wife’s Suburban.
    I guess it’s what you’re used to. I drive a f150 super crew so when I get in the Tacoma its pretty cramped. It’s not that the Tacoma is too small for me it just doesn’t have near the room as a full size.

Front seats in a Tacoma are fine, those jokers go back a long way. A family truck it is not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020 will have 10 way power drivers seat. First in the Tacoma. Also led headlights and apple car play if you are into that stuff.

2020 will have 10 way power drivers seat. First in the Tacoma. Also led headlights and apple car play if you are into that stuff.
    Is it still going to look like a feeding Whale Shark?

I got that shit on my 2015 GMC and don't even know how to work it. Applecareplay. The hell you say. Sounds like a trip to the farm in Hendersonville or something
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"