Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tacoma owners look here

Default Tacoma owners look here

So as a guy that has had full size trucks, ( as well as still owning one) diesels and gas, I'm considering downsizing to a Tacoma. Four door 4wd v6. I test drove one today and really like the truck. Bed size being smaller isn't too much of a deal breaker but will be something to get used to. I'll also be using this as a truck to go back and forth to arkansas with almost every month. For those that own one that is new or newer give me some pros and cons of what you have found. Tia fellas
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

I wish mine had the 4.0 instead of the atkinson cycle 3.5. Other than that I like it. get 19-20 highway.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    I wish mine had the 4.0 instead of the atkinson cycle 3.5. Other than that I like it. get 19-20 highway.
    This...I would try to find a low-mileage 2012-2015. Better engine, better transmissions.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

My dad has a 2015 Tacoma, I just got a Tundra. I liked driving his Tacoma until I got a Tundra. I honestly don’t think I could go back because if the size. His is the crew cab, and it’s tough for an adult to ride in the back seat.

I have a 2006 crew cab. 225k miles. No serious issues mechanically. Wish I had gotten the long bed.
    Carolina Counsel

I don’t want to mess up your thread first and foremost.

But, I have an 06 tundra access cab that is V8, 4WD, in the woods everyday, pulls stuff, etc. and is a solid built machine. I give it hell but change the oil every 5k and it’s solid. Decent mpg for a V8 and zero complaints.

The Tacoma’s are nice but really small if you want to carry anyone but yourself and your gear.

ETA: IF this is a secondary vehicle, one of these would be great.
    Last edited by smitch320; 08-09-2019 at 05:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

With a tool box that bed shrinks even more. Look for a long bed crew if they still make it. They ride a little stiff with the bilstine shocks

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Buy my tundra.

The back seat sucks.

Shit get the manual. They don’t offer it in LB though. I’ve got a dealer looking for a trd OR LB with both tech and premium packages right now. They are hard to find.

Also there is a guy on Tacoma world that tunes them to make the Auto supposedly more fun to drive. Toyota went after Mpg this go around.

I almost bought a Tacoma 5 months ago, however I decided on the tundra. I have never looked back. I love my tundra.

Tundra gas mileage sucks and the trucks ugly as homemade sin.

I have a 2013 Tacoma double cab 4x4 off road blah blah blah. Great damn truck.

Better stick with a full size, comfort and payload. Ain’t too many skinny gals out that .

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Tundra gas mileage sucks and the trucks ugly as homemade sin.

I have a 2013 Tacoma double cab 4x4 off road blah blah blah. Great damn truck.
    And it was a fine truck to be picked up in as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

I have had a Ram 2500 or 3500 since 2010. I bought a new Tacoma in 2017. I loved it until I drove it to Wyoming. That is when the lack of power and uncomfortable cab was really brought to light. I came back home and immediately traded for another new Ram 2500.

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    And it was a fine truck to be picked up in as well.
    Damn, I had forgotten about that

Been in full sized most of my driving career. Tried a Tacoma double cab in 2015 because I don’t really tow anything warranting a 1/2 ton. That lasted exactly 5 months. They are not designed for cheeseburger eating, gun toting, natty light in the cup holder Americans. The seats aren’t wide enough, the floor board was too shallow, the back seats are useless as seats ,and if someone was riding shotgun arm rest space was at a premium. Mix that with the cost and fuel mileage of a Tacoma and the full size was a no brainer. No way I’d want one commuting to Arkansas on a monthly basis.

Imho they are tough, solid trucks and will outlast everything on the road. But they are too small on the inside, ride is lacking and not heavy or strong enough to tow on a regular basis.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

I have a friend that has a 2019 4 door 4x4. She pulls a 5000lb travel trailer and it pulls it well.